KLZE ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

KLZE ?

Post by Kirk95gs »

The guy is going to send me some more pictures of the motor. This is the first one he sent... He is going to send me the compression test for it aswell..

looks like a ze i/m, what do you think?

Thanks for your help
ho bag

Post by ho bag »

you need to see the casting number on the head, it needs to start with kl31.
2002 Mazda Protege5 (Turbo kit 75% complete)
1996 Mazda MX-3 Gs KL-ZE
1994 Mazda MX-3 Rs (BP-T?)
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

kl31 101 for the front and kl31 1A1 for the rears...... you never know i seen many ppl ripped off with phoney ZEs but ur lucky hes dong a compression test.. might have a bad piston or sumtin u never know haha
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I would try and get a 30 or 60 day warranty on it too. A compression test doesn't tell you everything.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Well, could be a DE. Same IM.

Get the pics of the numbers, mos def.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

well the motor pushed around 185-200psi compression.. which is good..now they guy doesnt know what i mean about the code on the block. he sent me this picture and he said that he sall a kl68 on it.. can anyone help me?

Thanks again

Kris
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

KL68 is a throttle body of the curved neck ZE, so perhaps you got the proper motor.

But there are also stamps on the heads, by where the runners attach. Should read KL31 101 on one head and KL31 1A1 on the other. The only DE engine that has those is the Millenia one, I think. And finally, it should have KL01 (or even KL31, if you're lucky) stamped on the cams. Oh, and pistons should be flat on top, but that's hard to take pics of.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think that is the propper compression, is that cold or warm compression? if its cold its fine. All you need to make sure is that it does not have an EGR and pistons are flat (shine light trough the hole.. kinda tricky) oh and cams most likely are kl01 since its a curved neck.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

It has no egr and it was a cold test. I ordered it, if it is wrong I have 30 days to get it back for a refund.

paid 1060cdn to get it shipped to nova scotia.. it was a good deal, customer suport was exclent. Now the long wait for the motor to show up.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ya know.. whats funny is that right above this thread (at the time I am posting this) is a FAQ on how to identify a KLZE. And if its not directly above this post anymore.. look at the top of the forum ;)

LMAO

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Yah I think you are good to go, and it is ok to ask lol. When i got mine i swear i read over the faq like crazy. I still asked to get a better sense of security and you guys were right on target as usual . :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

to be honest with you guys, I have prob read 75% of the post on this subject. but yes... it is just more conforting when you have someone else tell you..

Thanks all
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

although you could have checked that threda, its also good you posted pics to get others peoples opinions, you never know, how did they check compression on a motor thats out of a car, must be a tranny and starter on it and just give the starter some power.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Yeah it was hooked up to a trany, You can see it in this picture below, there is also to power linces hooked up.. block and red if you look to the very right of the picture...

DimaK

Post by DimaK »

pull out a spark plug and shine a flashlight in it(if you have a chance) the pistons should be flat, if they rn't it's a DE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”