Dynoed the car..

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Franko
Supporting Member

Dynoed the car..

Post by Franko »

Just stuck it on for something to do. I would have liked to do some tuning but I didn't have my laptop there with me plus the place I got it done just got the dyno and did it for free, they wanted to do a few cars to get used to using it.

Anyway, at 10 psi with a 60 degree intake temp very untuned I made 200 hp and 280 tq!! At 4200 rpm.. Thats nuts. The tune I have in the car right now is garbage. Just something I whipped together on the road so I could break the car in. I cant wait to get the injectors I need so I can really do my timing and fuel properly and crank the boost to 15 or 20. These bp's seem to be all about making torque. Not the case with honda engines, usually a honda will make 100 hp more than whatever the torque number is.

Im really excited to start in on the tuning and make some real power. Damn injectors are the only thing holding me back now.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

Cool, now get it tuned and put that built engine to good use. I wonder what it is about BPs that allow them to pump out so much more torque than horsepower?
T61 powered KLZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

bigger stroke and just the design
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
zCat

Post by zCat »

Sounds good! Those are good numbers for these cars cuz they are so friggin light.
Haha, weird torque though...your hp/torque numbers are like a V8...^_^
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

[quote="zCat"]Sounds good! Those are good numbers for these cars cuz they are so friggin light.
Haha, weird torque though...your hp/torque numbers are like a V8...^_^[/quote]

Thats not even close to a good horse power reading. Im doing that just with the BPT swap.

Cant wait to see that BEAST on a good tune. YOu should be closer to 325-350 with your setup.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Well when I first swapped in the bpt i made 170 hp and 180 tq. I agree about the hp thing I really cant wait till I tune it. I just wish I had my ---damn injectors in so I could start turning up the boost. Don't worry, It will be going up to 20 very soon. :) 350+ whp? *fingers crossed* Man If I make 350 whp what in gods name is the torque going to be at??? :lol:
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

what in gods name is the torque going to be at???
Plenty enough to be bust'n transmisions like crazy... Good luck with that, and I might come up with a street tune to run for just the mundane driving to keep the wear down.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
cstott282

Post by cstott282 »

damn thats gunna be a lot of torque :D
zCat

Post by zCat »

[quote="cyclonekid78"][quote="zCat"]Sounds good! Those are good numbers for these cars cuz they are so friggin light.
Haha, weird torque though...your hp/torque numbers are like a V8...^_^[/quote]

Thats not even close to a good horse power reading. Im doing that just with the BPT swap.

Cant wait to see that BEAST on a good tune. YOu should be closer to 325-350 with your setup.[/quote]

How is that not a good horsepower reading?
I get so sick of people who think that anything less than 300 whp is nothing. 200 horsepower? On a 2400 lb car? That's a good reading. I don't care how you slice it, or how much it is capable of.
Geez.
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

I think everyone is just caught up with big HP numbers from turbo MX3s these days, I am certain that once Franko gets the car tuned that it will put out some impressive whp numbers given his setup.

It seems 300hp and higher is the standard now based on guys like boosted_rafi, limegreen, cjthor, JWMotorsports, jaydog5678 etc.

I am personally looking for 200whp+ at least when I finally get around to dynoing my car.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
cstott282

Post by cstott282 »

zCat wrote:
cyclonekid78 wrote:
zCat wrote:Sounds good! Those are good numbers for these cars cuz they are so friggin light.
Haha, weird torque though...your hp/torque numbers are like a V8...^_^

Cant wait to see that BEAST on a good tune. YOu should be closer to 325-350 with your setup.
How is that not a good horsepower reading?
I get so sick of people who think that anything less than 300 whp is nothing. 200 horsepower? On a 2400 lb car? That's a good reading. I don't care how you slice it, or how much it is capable of.
Geez.

i think what he was sayin is for the setup franko has he is capable of puttin down way more than 200 so there for for that set up its not that good..but once its tuned then it will be
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

what size turbo and injecters ur running with. u be up there with us other fast azz mx-3's on the street's.

believe me 300whp (I know im close to it) is a hand full on the stop and go driving. i already destroyed on tranny.

in a few weeks i'll dyno the MX-3 going for as much power as i can get. ill find out how much whp i been rolling around with on just a street tune. gonna boost it up to 25psi lol. im a crazy azz f u c k e r. trying to go hit 400whp. my clutch is rated for 400ft/lbs of torque.

but good luck on ur project franko u'll make 300whp with ease.

what spark plugs will u be using. im using a #8 plugs NGK .20 gaped
Last edited by Limegreen mx-3 on June 9th, 2007, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Thats sweet! decent numbers.

My buddys 95' Civic with a SOHC Z6 motor he is running 210 WHP and 250 Torque crazy for a Honda.

just by some tunning you will be amazed. Bugs 's car with a N/A BP turbocharged was only hitting 160 WHP @ 10psi untill we did some dyno tunning. Turned out he had the wrong plugs but we hit 212 next pull.

Me thats a different story, i have to find an AWD dyno here in WA. but i think by AUG i will have some numbers. all of us big HP guys need to get together some time.

easily you will hit over 300 no doubt about it. my HP jumped from just over 200 in my B6 @ 10 psi to almost 250 with 4 PSI increase, and a front mount IC.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

congrats on the numbers! Cant wait to see another crazyfast mx3 in the world. 275+whp cars are almost undriveable on a daily basis...at least mine is. LOL
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

I wasn't bagging on Franko. I just was saying that with what he has, there is the potential for loads more horsepower.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Forced Induction”