FMU questions.

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
kenken

FMU questions.

Post by kenken »

Hello everyone.
i've a dumb question here.
by just looking at the FMU,how do i know the the fuel rising rate of it?thanks.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

don't waste ur money and if u got it junk it. not worth it in MY opinion tho others differ.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
kenken

Post by kenken »

no limemx3.. i just wanted to know more about the FMU. thats all.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I'm pretty sure you can't just by looking.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

If it is a Vortech FMU, then you can check the model number written on the bottom of the unit and do a search on Vortech site and you can then determine the rate of rising of the unit. Most commonly sold FMU units are 12:1 and 8:1 while the other rates (6:1, 4:1 etc) are usually obtained by purchasing the additional discs.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
kenken

Post by kenken »

thanks for information. im sure the rising rate is printed on the box,right?
GoneAmok
Supporting Member

Post by GoneAmok »

Or it will be highlighted in the instructions...

Return to “Forced Induction”