Stock GS Exaust pipe diameter?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Stock GS Exaust pipe diameter?

Post by Tunes67 »

Just verifying.. I have found the piping to be 2 in on both my GS cars.. just want to check to see if that is the stock size. Both systems look to have been hacked on and not stock anymore so I figured I would check. TIA

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

mine is 2 inch tunes, but the pipe is 1/16 thick, so the actual inside diameter is 1 7/8

is exhaust pipe measured by Inside DIA or O.D. ?
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I've always measured it by outside diameter. I figured that was the stock size.. but both systems have been hacked a number of times and neither cat is stock... so I figured I would double check since I am only intending to bump my exaust diameter up one size (to 2.25 in) when I take it in and have the cat back exaust done up.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

The stock size is tooo small for a ze IMO. I had meassured less than 2 inches. I did the mistake of going 2.5 and I lost torque, ganed hp but lost like 3 lb torque. I should have gone 2.25
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
cbrzx

Post by cbrzx »

On my mx i have 2 inch and 2.25 LOL!
I guess the previous owner just put whatever he had. :?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”