My custom front bumper! UPDATED WITH PAINT!!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
colinsmx3

My custom front bumper! UPDATED WITH PAINT!!

Post by colinsmx3 »

So here is the story.... I work at a Mazda dealership (Ontarios Largest) and I was putting some warrenty stuff away when I came across a front lip that was just cracked and really dusty! So I asked my manager who's it was and he had no clue so I asked around and know one claimed it! So my boss said it's ure B-day present! So I went outside and put it up against the bumeper and it came really close except for the sides came up short! So I got it home and 2 days l8r it was on the car! so DONT ask what car it's from cause I have NO clue! but I am trying to find out!

So as some of you may know I am into making 1 off parts and original things! Since I did own the Copper 323! Anyway it fits nice ecpecially in the middle spot and it kinda looks like a dropped JDM front! I will post pics of it once I get it painted here at the dealership next week
Last edited by colinsmx3 on June 2nd, 2007, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

You did a good job with that lip. If i had to guess i would say its from a miata. Which is funny cause the other day i drove past a newer miata for sale and was wondering if any of the miata front bumpers would fit the mx3.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wow that actually turned out really well... kind of reminds me of the erebuni one with the oval mouth... looks good!
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

sexy
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

looks mint ,! nice work! :2thumbsup:
shab4life

Post by shab4life »

kevlar or fg job looked kinda messy ehh :P

final result was nice.

good job
1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS SOLD
1993 Mazda Mx-3 SE SOLD
1994 Mazda Mx-3 ZE SOLD
1992 Mazda Mx-3 KLZE-T
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

from what i have found its an optional lip off of a Miata LS or SE not sure which. 2001-2003 i think i still havnt been able to find where to buy one yet but it looks sharp.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

EUREKA!! :lol: GOOD JOB! I am the one who works at the mazda dealership and didnt even know that! ahaha ahhh well! anyway if anyone else wants to give it a try it is a nice piece! Looking at the book I got here for old parts it seems to only be $317 from Mazda! so my price with tax and all is only $288!! pretty good I must say!
Last edited by colinsmx3 on May 28th, 2007, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

nice job, nice to see another SE
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

nice find ..are you gonna get it painted soon ?
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Nice work. Now if only we could find that part at a decent price!
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Yea I am gonna get it painted prolly on Monday at work here. They were down 1 guy so I had to wait, and I gotta pick up side skirts aswell to get painted so I was waiting till they do them all at once! :twisted:
ImageImageImage
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Looks sharp. Could you take a profile pic of the car? I'm just wondering how that lip would flow with the OEM full sides and Pakfeifer rear lip.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Looks great?
Why didnt you mold them on the front? That way it doesnt look like an add-on.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Yep I have a profile pic of it at home I will upload! And it is actually in the paint booth right now being sprayed!!! :P Then I am gonna weld up the harness bar after work here and install that and take plenty of pics!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”