Cruise Control Troubleshooting

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Matrix733

Cruise Control Troubleshooting

Post by Matrix733 »

Hello all, I recently notice that my cruise control is not functioning. I have a 93 1.8l v6 gs. When i press the cruise on button, the light comes on but when the set button is pressed on the steering wheel it does not do anything.

how do i go about troubleshooting this? Is it vacuum controlled? Does it use a relay/fuse?

if you have any advice what to start checking please let me know.

thanks
matrix733
Knowledge Is Power ; Keep Cracking
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

There is a fuse and the cruise is vacuum controlled. I would check the fuse and then the vacuum line. The diaphram can also go out, but I've not heard it to be very common that they fail.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Matrix733

Post by Matrix733 »

thanks, will give it a try
Matrix733

Post by Matrix733 »

Well fellows, the meter fuse is fine and the line from the vacuum unit under the hood is connected to the manifold.

Is there anymore connections under the hood or can someone point me to a diagram of the crusie control system.

thanks
Last edited by Matrix733 on June 22nd, 2007, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexMX3

Post by AlexMX3 »

Try setting cruise on and then hold the bottom button (not sure whitch it is but is the lower one of the two on the steering weel) for 2 seconds and release press the top button once or twice for 1 or 2 seconds works for 93 MX3 GS 1.8. good luck
fritzfab

Post by fritzfab »

i have the same car and mine does the same thing the light goes on but the car doesnt maintain the speed, is it just easier to take it all out cuz i dont need it , its kinda a pain cuz it doesnt work its like a tease lol
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Check for a blockage or kink in the vac line. Basically (with the car running) disconnect the hose from the cruise unit and see if there is a good amount of vac suction against your finger. If not, the hose might be plugged or kinked, or the small vac port into the intake might be plugged with crud. I hope that helps. It's a pretty simple circuit to diagnose.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”