neutral safety switch

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JustinGT

neutral safety switch

Post by JustinGT »

anyone know where the neutral safety switch is on a mx-3 with an auto tranny? it needs to be replaced but have no idea where it is. thanks
Cy

Re: neutral safety switch

Post by Cy »

JustinGT wrote:anyone know where the neutral safety switch is on a mx-3 with an auto tranny? it needs to be replaced but have no idea where it is. thanks
....do doautos have them.....I spose they might.?...

if so it'd be in 1 of 3 places:
-on/in the tranny
-on the shifter linkage near the tranny
-on the shifter linkage in the center console...
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

They have a park switch, but I don't think they have a neutral switch. The park switch is on the shifter and goes to the ignition key. You can disable it if you just want it to work. Take the shifter apart and take the end out of the shifter, then let it sit just under the radio and I think it will work like that. However, it must stay either pressed in or out (cannot remember which) or the key will not work. It is easy to move if it goes to the position that it doesn't work in.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

PATDIESEL wrote:They have a park switch
It's called the neutral safety switch since the car won't start unless it is in park or neutral. The ignition will work when the line is grounded.
JustinGT

Post by JustinGT »

thanks guys yeah it;s the park switch or what ever it's called is has alot of names. we got the car running a getto way, but have to change that switch. thanks.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”