**URGENT** Need help with complete new sound system

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
adams-mx3

**URGENT** Need help with complete new sound system

Post by adams-mx3 »

Hi everyone. thanks for reading. I am the pround owner of a 92 mx-3 precidia. I have some money to spend now and I am going to install a complete new sound system in it. Great. But I have no experiance doing this, but I want to learn. I am going to figure out all of the wiring myself and such, but I just need to know what I'm going to need to make it all happen. This is the basis of what I want in my car. I just need to know what kind of wires, what gauges im going to need, if I need anything else. that kind of thing

Sony 12" X-plod 1300w Subwoofer
Legacy Car Audio 1.6 Farad Digital Power Capacitor
Pyle Car Audio 2-Channel 1400 Watts Max Audio Amplifier
Volfenhag 6.5" 2-Way Speakers 450 Watts Max 2.5" mounting depth (4 of these) (will these fit in the doors and back?)

so, what am I missing? include all wiring / installation kits im going to need,

thanks in advance, adam
Buying the following parts!

Front/rear spoiler to fit on 92 | driver side seat recliner plastic handle | Sideskirts | New CAI, and a decent new exhaust for a 92 | a good v6 engine with turbo charger preferred with under 30k miles on it in mint condition.
Have lots of money to spend :D pm me!
s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

well i cant tell u exactly wat to buy
but ill give u sum advice
wire ur whole system with a big guage wire like 4 - 0
becuase if u ever plan on upgrading u dun have to rewire the whole car again.
how much wattage RMS for the amp?
i no with my pdx 1.1000 which is 1000 watts RMS i used 4 guage
and that powers 1 alpine type-x which is also rated at 1000 watts RMS
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
justin22_22

Post by justin22_22 »

Get an amp for your speakers, and don't mount them in the factory location in the rear. I have 2 6X8 in my rear deck, but if I was to do it again. I would mount 6.5 speakers in the arm rest area of the rear seats. That way the sound isn't reflected off the glass it directed right at the front.
CarolinaCartel

Post by CarolinaCartel »

Well i just got my first Mx-3. I installed a
Alpine HU w/AUX input & Panisonic motorized 7" T.V. in the dash. Under the glove box i put a cheap home dvd player (work really great because the Alpine won't play burned CD). In the door I put a set of Memphis Power Ref. 6.5 compontes. In the rear I put a sets of Memphis Power Ref. 2-way 6.5( not in the factory local, but the arm rest area by the back sit.) Pushing the highs is a Memphis Power Ref 150.2 working at 2 ohm. I made a custom box for the rear hatch area the holds a single Memphis 12" Memphis M3 daul 2 ohm sub. The Box/amp rack take very little space in the hatch. It uses the spare tire well. But I did Had to raise the floor 4" to get the 2.5 c.f. ported box that the M3 needed(tuned to 36hz). but that work in me flavor because it was just enouch room between the backseat and the box to put the amp rack. I added a trim panel,plexiglass and some noen and it looks great. OH yea the M3 is powered by a Memphis Pr.1000.1 running into 1 ohm. All my stuff came 2nd hand from pawn shops or from friends who where up gradeing. The whole system only set me back About 600-700 dollars

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”