Wheel Bearing??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Chemical

Wheel Bearing??

Post by Chemical »

Just cleaned my alloys and noticed that the front right rim has a film of grease all over it- have whurring noise when turning left as well. No noticeable grease anywhere else. Wheel bearing, CV? Outer CV's and gearbox , clutch etc was done only 2 months ago and have never been happy since! :(
billzie

Post by billzie »

Check to make sure that the outer CV joint isn't leaking already. Sometimes when just one joint is done, or worse yet, when just the boot is replaced, the boot has a tendency to come free. I always just replace the whole half-shaft as an assembly, much easier and less time consumming.
I don't think you would get any appreciable amount of grease coming from the wheelbearing, there just isn't that much in those sealed bearings and no way to add it. It's possible though, but unlikely.
Bill.
91 Mecrury Tracer LTS, 5spd, pw/pl, p moon/sunroof, got BPT! (on pallet)
69 Nova, my Grandpas' car, total trainwreck gonna take 20, no, 30 years to fix
03 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LT, sorry I bought it
02 Mercury Sable Wagon LS Premium, wifes
79 Camaro Z/28, sorry I sold it
93 Mercury Tracer Wagon, Sold for scrap
91 Mercury Tracer LTS, SOLD yippee
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Check your brake fluid level too. It might be leaking at the caliper or the transition from the hard line to the flexable one.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

hi guys thanks for the quick respnose. It s the CV- boots split- grease everywhere now! Ordered new one and will fit ASAP.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”