A lenghthier MX-3?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PatMX3

A lenghthier MX-3?

Post by PatMX3 »

I have owned a 4Cyl MX-3, and now a V6 GS. for some reason, the thought that some mx-3's are longer in length, than others! lol. Today, i just saw a mx-3, my color and it hit me. am i just seein things, or is there something to this?.
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Same man, your eyes are playing tricks on u lol
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

The green one on the brochours the sell on ebay always looked longer to me

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

Thanks guys! i guess its just me, n thinkin ma cars extra special! lmao!
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Could be the lack of lip and rear spoiler that's giving you the impression that the v6's are longer. May even the stance of the GS with the 15"s rims as well. Trying to think too if the GS's sit a tad lower than the RS
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

You also might have seen an MX-6. They look pretty similar if you aren't paying attention.
-Eric
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

rccardude04 wrote:You also might have seen an MX-6. They look pretty similar if you aren't paying attention.
-Eric
no,..they dont....

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

They look similar enough for my girlfriend to go to the MX-6's passenger door instead of my car.
-Eric
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

No, that's your gf trying to upgrade.
Cody
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Lol, this topic is going no where, there are no longer mx6's or mx3's from the factory period :)
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Could be the lack of lip and rear spoiler that's giving you the impression that the v6's are longer. May even the stance of the GS with the 15"s rims as well. Trying to think too if the GS's sit a tad lower than the RS
I had my eyes play the same tricks on me too; this is the same answer I came up with. When I first got my car I thought the gs bumper looked about 1 or two inches longer (forward) where the bumper meets the fender, but all the parts swap so that can't be right.
rccardude04

Post by rccardude04 »

tehbrookzorz wrote:No, that's your gf trying to upgrade.
LOL, yeah probably.
She wasn't paying attention, that's why I said that you can mistake it if you really aren't paying attention at all. The front looks very similar, if not a little wider.
Oh well, I tried :( lol
-Eric
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

mr1in6billion wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:Could be the lack of lip and rear spoiler that's giving you the impression that the v6's are longer. May even the stance of the GS with the 15"s rims as well. Trying to think too if the GS's sit a tad lower than the RS
I had my eyes play the same tricks on me too; this is the same answer I came up with. When I first got my car I thought the gs bumper looked about 1 or two inches longer (forward) where the bumper meets the fender, but all the parts swap so that can't be right.
ditto - if you had an rs with no lip and no spoiler next to a gs with a lip and a spoiler the illusion would be that the rs would look shorter...and as far as your gf going to the wrong car... no comment :roll:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”