HELP!! Possible conversion emergency!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wilko33

HELP!! Possible conversion emergency!

Post by wilko33 »

Right, having found oil all over my drive and having oil pissing out of what looks like the crank seal I am in possible emergency of this engine conversion. I do realise that searching and reading I will probabily find this info but need quick real answers please.

1. Will a KLZE run (i do mean just run) on a K8 manifold and ECU for the time being?

2. How easy is it to replace a crank seal if this has blown?

Advice welcome, but as you can imagine I'm not in much of a mood for "its f**ked get it swapped" comments please. thanks.
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

1.Yes
2.Beats me

Parker
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

1. yes,
2. they are easy to replace. Take the timing cover off (involves taking most of the stuff on that side off too). Remove the old seal and tap a new one in with the proper size seal seating tool. If you do not have the tool some auto parts stores rent them. Clean the seal seat and look for scratches. If it is scratched much you might need to sand it lightly. However, it should be fine if you removed the old one easily and used a pick. Grease the new seal with some clean motor oil and make sure it seats evenly when you start to tap it in. They often want to go in crooked, but keep trying until it goes in straight.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

it depends which crank seal your talking about, if its the one on the transmission side, i would recommend goin big and just dropping in a new motor, since you have to drop the tranny out anyways. But if its on the oil pump side, thats not to difficult, just as easy as doing a timing belt replacment, but with a seal change at the same time.

-Ryan
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”