Help with a possible clutch problem

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
zCat

Help with a possible clutch problem

Post by zCat »

Ok, so I just had a good, or at least I thought good, local shop install a trans from a junkyard with about 85,000 miles on it, and since I had the trans installed I went ahead and had them clutch it too. Well, the problem is, for the first few minutes of driving it acts fine....then, after a while, when I push in the clutch it stays in gear. I can only get out of gear by letting the RPM drop low enough that the car can just slip out. Also, if I put it in gear, and start the car, even with the clutch pushed in it still jumps and stalls when I start it, obviously meaning that the clutch is not disengaging completely. My question is, what the crap is causing it to not disengage? Is it a bad install on their part? That sure would be awesome, cuz then it would be free ^_^. Any help would be appreciated.
ogtff

Transmissions

Post by ogtff »

I would take it back and have them fix it
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sounds like its either low on hydraulic fluid or there is air in the system and it needs to be bled.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Red Rocket

Post by Red Rocket »

X2 I was gonna say to check the fluid.
zCat

Post by zCat »

Whew that's good news. Thanks guys!

Return to “Transmissions”