Where is this oil leak coming from?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Stoney89

Where is this oil leak coming from?

Post by Stoney89 »

I Just noticed alot of oil directly below my valve cover on my 1.6L DOHC, its all over and creating smoke. Does anyone have any ideas on what could possibly fix this? :shock:
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

valve cover gasket? I just replaced mine, fixed a lot of leaks.

also leaks at the disty... I'm goign to try some of that gasket maker stuff... unless someone advises me otherwise.
piper177

Post by piper177 »

Yeah It is probably the valve cover gasket. I just replaced mine yesterday. It is easy to fix and cost me about $15
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

superk my disty leaked constantly and no matter if i got a new o ring it kept on leaking. if you do use the gasket maker make sure its dry and oil free otherwise it wont stick and it will still leak. good luck
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Bumpysbro wrote:superk my disty leaked constantly and no matter if i got a new o ring it kept on leaking. if you do use the gasket maker make sure its dry and oil free otherwise it wont stick and it will still leak. good luck
I know that a o-ring won't solve the problem, but this is one of those few problems duct tape can't fix. I dunno what else to do to stop the leak :(
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

o-ring solved my leak perfectly but there's still some oil probably from cylinder head gasket.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”