Noise Noise Noise!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Sal

Noise Noise Noise!!

Post by Sal »

i have noise comeing out of the passenger from wheel area, it happens when i first turn on the car in the day. it gets really loud as i drive very slow for like about 45 sec then goes away. then i have a another sound that happens from the same place that happens mostly when i make left turns. the loud noise also happens when it rains too.....i dont know what is and im open for any suggestions...

thanx again....
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

check CV joints ?
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Hahah..i have noise too. Lots of it. You probably noticed that your car makes noise too! Rumbles, bumps, beeps. But what exactly does this particular noise SOUND like thats bothering you?

Knocking
Clicking
Thumping
Scraping
Squeaking
Whirring
Ticking
Sizzling

?

Did you really think somebody woudl have an answere for you based on what you gave us to work with?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Sal

Post by Sal »

well, unno how much i can describe the noise to you....its very loud like an OOOOOOO sounds.....lol :? and then i hear scraping like vanished guessed... im thinking maybe it needs to be lubricated the cv joints, ball joints, sway bars.....or something is wrong with the axel but i changed both sides like 7 months ago....cuz i do hear minor clicking when i turn the wheel especially when im driving slow or im parked....buy yeah, i hope this helps abit more...!!

thanx...
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

So this is more of a grinding than a squealing sound? All your accessory drivebelts are down in that area too, could be something squealing around there.
Cody
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

It could be a clearance issue or maybe a wheel bearing; although, I don't think a wheel bearing would squeak so much a grind. I think that the drive belts were a good guess. Check the belt tension. That is the only thing I can think of that gives a nice loud squeaking sound.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Sal

Post by Sal »

alright, ill go to my mechanic ill have the wheel bearing checked out and along with sway bars, ball joints etc...i and ill check out the belts as well tensioner etc...one more thing would this be a serious issue that needs to be taken care of ASAp...?

thanx alot guys, appreciate the help
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Depends what it is, can you give us any more description/answer questions asked about the sound? Do you feel the sound through the steering wheel?
Cody
Sal

Post by Sal »

no, not necessarily from the steering wheel. its coming out from the front passenger side wheel area. i hear it when im driving really slow and as i pick up speed it either goes away or i cant hear it cuz of the engine sound. i also hear it as im making left turns and rarely right turns. in some mornings when i first turn sounds like a faded out OOOOO sound, unno if that helps but let me know if u need more info
Sal

Post by Sal »

no, not necessarily from the steering wheel. its coming out from the front passenger side wheel area. i hear it when im driving really slow and as i pick up speed it either goes away or i cant hear it cuz of the engine sound. i also hear it as im making left turns and rarely right turns. in some mornings when i first turn sounds like a faded out OOOOO sound, unno if that helps but let me know if u need more info
hharb

Post by hharb »

let us know what you find out, i think i might have the same problem, it happened with me two days ago and its just annoying its like clunking and it goes away, it's also a little scary since it gets loud it makes you feel your wheel is gonna come off, and it does slow down the car.. anyways goodluck with your car man, and let me know what you find out
Sal

Post by Sal »

thanx alot, i will go and have it checked out and ill let u guyz know....

thanx for the help and opinions....
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

Does it sound like you've got a hole in your muffler? Is it also really loud in the car? I had the same problem. When I came to a crawl in to parking spots or drove on the highway it was loud. It ended up being a wheel bearing except mine was in the back.
'93 GS, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ECU, B&M STS, complete SRD shifter bushings, mx-6 clutch, ZX2 struts, Apex springs... and building...
Timmie_g

Post by Timmie_g »

its a wheel bearing
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Timmie_g wrote:its a wheel bearing
I think I agree with Timmie... I had that issue on my front passenger and I thought it was a bent rim for the longest time. One thing you can do to check which worked for me was make sure all of your lugs are completely tight on the wheel, then jack the car up on that side. Shake your rim by hand...If you can move your rim back and forth (not spinning but side to side) then more than likely it is your wheel bearing. Mine was pretty extreme so you might not see it move as much.

I think I've got the same issue on my k8 also on the driver's side. I usually only hear it when I'm turning but it is like the whirring sound. I haven't had time to check it out...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”