k8 questions

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
xxxguineapigxxx

k8 questions

Post by xxxguineapigxxx »

i was wondering how much psi i could run on stock internals. and also what i would be able to run if i had it resleeved. also where could i get the best turbo kit, price isnt that much of a factor, im done going cheap because then stuff just breaks. thanks in advance
92' MX3 GS 1.8L V6 :)
stock now...not for long
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

like everyone is going to tell just ditch the K8 but 6-8 psi and around 10psi max. just dont forget the k8 rods/pistions are weak so your safer /w a KL. and Same goes for sleeving just a waist of time and money plus its not a honda so it would be a custom job :roll: GL. But 300hp can easy br made from the KL boosted ..........
xxxguineapigxxx

Post by xxxguineapigxxx »

thats what i figured...i just wanted to see what i could get out of it...but it will probly see a KL this winter :D
92' MX3 GS 1.8L V6 :)
stock now...not for long
30xadelaide

Post by 30xadelaide »

i run 5 but have run 10 without any probs
BOOSTIN SOON!
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

i agree 6-8 PSI max on a K8 with stock internals. i would just turbo it ... have fun with it blow it up and swap it after the fact. shouldnt be too hard to make the K8 turbo fit the new KL you get. also if you plan on boosting get a DE it should be safer because of the lower compression.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub

Return to “Forced Induction”