UK SE (Special Edition) Spec

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Phobea

UK SE (Special Edition) Spec

Post by Phobea »

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help in piecing together the puzzle that is the UK SE Spec. Mostly I'm looking for any experiences you guys may have had with them, but official figures and related info is always welcome.

Main reason I'm asking is that there have been claims made that the only genuine UK SE is the white one with half-leather half-suede interior, but owning a noble green Equipe SE I know otherwise. The guy is also making wild claims like "only 120 SEs were ever released in the UK" and "the SE is faster than the normal V6" - obviously having owned two other GS's, and one SE, I know that the internals are no different at all on my SE, the white SE may be different but I sincerely doubt it.

The guy's annoying me anyway so I was hoping you guys may be able to clear a few things up.

What colour/year/model SEs have you come across in the UK? What interiors did they have and what rims? Aircon or not? Airbags or not? These are what I have come across personally:

The 1993 white SEs that came with half leather, half suede interior and AirCon and 5 spoke alloy rims.
The 1993 Red SEs that came with full black leather interior with red trim and alloy rims.
The 1994 Noble Green SEs (also the Equipe version) that came with half-leather, half-Equipe patterned cloth.
The 1994 Teal MX-3s with full black leather interior and alloy rims - not sure if SE or not.
The 1998 Silver MX-3s that come with AirCon, 5 spoke alloy rims and full leather interior - not sure if they're SE or not. Probably are though.

Obviously there were far more than 120 SEs released in the UK. I myself have seen over 30 advertised for sale in the past 6 months so the figures just wouldn't add up. Does anybody know the official statistic?

I'm not so much fussed about proving the other guy wrong anymore I'd just quite like to be a bit more educated on the topic.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”