Anyone know this scene?

Off-Topic Discussions
illapino

Anyone know this scene?

Post by illapino »

I saw it long time ago, and thought it was in the movie "The Chamber", but it's not ... :

the scene where the camera comes across a car in a wooded area that has a pipe leading from the muffler through to the driver's closed window and there's a middle-aged man sitting in the driver's seat inside, waiting .... and the car is on

let me know. thanks!
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

You're close. They're both movies based on John Grisham novels. The scene you describe is from the opening sequence of "The Client," where the ten year old main character witnesses the older guy attempting suicide, first by piping exhaust into the closed car, then the guy shoots himself with the kid watching...

Image -Jim
illapino

Post by illapino »

so piping in the exhaust wasn't working so he just did himself with the barrell?
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

IIRC the kid saw what was happening and snuck around, pulled the hose out of the muffler pipe. Guy catches him and locks him in the car with him, then decides to unload his drunken tale of "where the bodies are all buried." Guy knows he's a marked man or sumpin for the dirty legal work he'd been doing for the mob and now he knows the mob knows that he knows where some high profile murdered victim is buried. Has a gun on the console and ends up blowing his brains out while the kid watches. Pretty decent movie. Book is better btw...
Image -Jim
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

illapino you felling ok rite? no bad thoughts or anything. just kinda weird you ask that. no offense
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
illapino

Post by illapino »

hey new question: what exactly is the difference with all the different OCTANEs at gas stations, and why is it that high-end cars get a higher number octane? And what happens when you feed a high-end car an octane that is lesser than what everyone says to feed it?
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Something along the lines of the difference between the gas burning or exploding under certain conditions.
Cody
illapino

Post by illapino »

is there an official online source that tabulates the required OCTANE number a certain car should use? ... it seems like everyone told me to use bronze gas for my precidia (the cheapest gas) and that's what i did ... but i'd still rather see some answers instead of being told by a dealership what gas i'm supposed to feed a new car and living off what i was told ... dont u think
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

illapino wrote:hey new question: what exactly is the difference with all the different OCTANEs at gas stations, and why is it that high-end cars get a higher number octane? And what happens when you feed a high-end car an octane that is lesser than what everyone says to feed it?
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... detonation
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=41781
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question90.htm
Image -Jim
illapino

Post by illapino »

hey thanks for the links.

new question though:
is it true that driving on the highway consumes less gas than city driving?
i noticed mpg ratings tend to be better for highway driving for some reason and couldn't make sense of this ... faster would mean more fuel-eating wouldn't it? unless i'm reading mpg ratings backwards. ..
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Highway driving is more fuel efficient than city driving because it takes less fuel to maintain a constant highway speed and uses more fuel per mile when having to accelerate constantly from a stop with stop and go city driving.
Image -Jim

Return to “Off-Topic”