Replacing radiator

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
lost_mx3

Replacing radiator

Post by lost_mx3 »

After having the stock radiator fixed it busted open again on the other side. Autozone wanted $240 + tax for a new one. I ended up getting one for $140 online with free shipping! And then went to Autozone for new hoses and clamps $30 there and everything needed for $270! Oh yea I placed the order on lunch tuesday and got it today at lunch. Woot free shipping! Going to be throwing this thing in tonight and will be asking questions if anything comes up!
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

awesome! ya autozone always either overprices or they crap out easily. make sure you get all the air out of the system. run it for a little while let it cool off and add more in. and make sure clamps are tight should be a drop in maintenance.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

yea I wasn't expecting to hear that kind of price for a radiator! maintenance will definatly be lighter now because I won't be adding antifreeze every time I want to take the car out. oh, and typo I got everything for $170 not $270 so all in all I saved about $100! Not bad I think and I can put that into the truck that is desparatly needing new rings. A note on Silla radiators, it's a little wider than stock so it *just* fit in. It took about twice as long to put in than it did to take the stock out. I think all the air is purged - just checked it for the 3rd time and it's to the lid and the resivor looks good.
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

good to hear. make sure to always check that overflow resevoir just to make sure.

jon
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

Perfectly full for three days. That's officially a record! For the last year I filled it every time it was driven. lol But it's better now.
1995 MX-3 1.6 DOHC 5SP.
Deadpool

Post by Deadpool »

Ok I have to know where you managed to find a radiator ? I have been looking all over for one for my 94 DOHC 1.6 with little to no luck and don't even get me started on finding body panels :cry:
94 Mazda MX-3
Mods - none yet
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Where do you live Deadpool? You can get a radiator at http://www.radiatorbarn.com Here is a link I just did for a 94 RS..

Click Here

Decently priced at $180 shipped.. a few bucks more than the one lost found (heh.. I so wanted to say that LOL)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

Got it from http://www.racepages.com it's Part #: SILLA7519. $136.71 shipped (well total because you get free shipping on $50+ orders). And I got it exactly 72 hours after ordering. It has brackets on the mounting pegs that make it a little harder to install, mine complicated by front end damage. The two new hoses and four new claps cost $27 total at autozone. And I got a cap for 5 something. It's awsome because it's square! And tunes that "lost found" was awsome. I've been a reader here for almost 4 years (only recently registered) so i've seen plenty of your posts! Good luck to anyone looking for a new radiator!
1995 MX-3 1.6 DOHC 5SP.
Deadpool

Post by Deadpool »

Thanx guys that helps ALOT, My car got hit in the front while parked at a bar a little while back and I have been checking all the local salvage yards with no luck and the major parts stores told me to go to the dealer :roll:

oh yeah I live just outside of Omaha Ne
94 Mazda MX-3
Mods - none yet

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”