Any good sites to buy lights for your sides?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Any good sites to buy lights for your sides?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Anyone know where I can find those clear black looking lights that go on the sides of the MX3? 2 of them go to the front bumper and the other two in the back bumper I think?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: Any good sites to buy lights for your sides?

Post by atlantamx3 »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Anyone know where I can find those clear black looking lights that go on the sides of the MX3? 2 of them go to the front bumper and the other two in the back bumper I think?
Those two words dont go together... which one do you want?

:lol:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Juans_93_MX3

Re: Any good sites to buy lights for your sides?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

atlantamx3 wrote:
Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Anyone know where I can find those clear black looking lights that go on the sides of the MX3? 2 of them go to the front bumper and the other two in the back bumper I think?
Those two words dont go together... which one do you want?

:lol:
lol
The ones you have on your car. The white lights on your bumper. Not the headlights.
Dont they make any black lights or anything like that? Or am I just suppose to buy the white lights you have and tint them or something?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Show us a pics of what you are talking about. You are too unspecific. Are you talking about the blinker lights, side markers (not made on the NA MX, but can be seen on Euro spec MXs) or the corner lights?
Show a pic of a "black" light on a MX-3. I've never seen such a thing as it wouldn't produce any light if it were black.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

I think he means the ones on mine that I got from r-speed. The ones on the side of the front and rear bumper.

http://www.rspeed.net

Link to the product here:
http://rspeed.net/product_info.php?products_id=3330
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

atlantamx3 wrote:I think he means the ones on mine that I got from r-speed. The ones on the side of the front and rear bumper.

http://www.rspeed.net

Link to the product here:
http://rspeed.net/product_info.php?products_id=3330
Yup thats what I am talking about
I also need to find clear Corner Lights aswell
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Those ARE called corner lights Juan. So what are you talking about? Do you mean turn signals? Those "corner lights" are made for Miatas, but fit the MX-3. I think that 94-99 corner lenses are what you need. CorkSport is a good place to get them. CorkSport has them for a MX-3.
Turn signals lenses can be bought from E-Bay or CorkSport. I think that CorkSport can get the "real" Euro spec signal lenses if you call and ask for them specifically. These are the ones that are actually clear and not a frosted white.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

PATDIESEL wrote:Those ARE called corner lights Juan. So what are you talking about? Do you mean turn signals? Those "corner lights" are made for Miatas, but fit the MX-3. I think that 94-99 corner lenses are what you need. CorkSport is a good place to get them. CorkSport has them for a MX-3.
Turn signals lenses can be bought from E-Bay or CorkSport. I think that CorkSport can get the "real" Euro spec signal lenses if you call and ask for them specifically. These are the ones that are actually clear and not a frosted white.
The lights circled in red
Corner and signal lights
CorckSport has them really expensive, anyone know any other sites?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

I made my own corner lights, i'll post up somepics when it gets darker out tonight.

Cost was around 20cents for the lens, and like 2dollars worth of super glue.

----------
Total 2.20 and you got your own custom marker light, inside plastic can be sprayed any color of your choice, i chose silver.

-lata,
Ryan
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Where did you get the lens from?

Lights are way to expensive, I think I can probably make my own custom lights.
Pretty soon I am going to start working on custom headlights
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

juan thats the thing behind customizing, i made the lenses myself out of lexan. Im working on the front turnsignals now, i'll post some pics when its complete
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

How about the aftermarket turn signal lights?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

also ryan fuerte, just to let you know, I do believe the front signals have to have a dispertion pattern of sorts.
new models that have the clear lenses without the pattern has the pattern built into the housing. I'd check to make sure it's legal before doing so.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Hey SuperK, thanks for the link. I bought the lights for $50 and just recieved them. Great buy!
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”