bucking when accelerating

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3KEV21

bucking when accelerating

Post by MX3KEV21 »

can someone help me with the problem? when i accelerate quickly the engine bucks but only before 4000rpm. the tps has been setup correctly all tune up things done. also the engine runs great somedays accelerates quickly and you can feel the 4000rpm torque jump then other days it feels slower and you can hardly feel the 4000rpm torque jump what could this be?
Hayata

Post by Hayata »

maybe ur VRIS is sticking or your VRIS vacuum solenoids are busted
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

You are not supposed to feel vris.. I used to but it was just that they were not working good. check to see if they are opening and check for vacuum leaks. That could be the culprit.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Replace fuel filters and try running a bottle of injector cleaner...
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Check your rubber air intake tube between the vaf and throttle body for rips.

Possibly when you give it gas, the motor moves enough to make the rip spread enough for rough running. But when not under hard acceleration it does not open the rip enough to run rough.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
MX3KEV21

Post by MX3KEV21 »

thanks for the replies. its funny like cause the engine works fine somedays then not other days. i have noticed that when revving the engine with the bonnet up you can see both valves open at the same time i thought one was supposed to open the the other later. i also have a click noise when i first start the car but not everyday this is followed by hesitation and general slower running. i thought it was a ping.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”