I will accept no less than 400 hp! *UPDATED April 10th*

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Franko
Supporting Member

I will accept no less than 400 hp! *UPDATED April 10th*

Post by Franko »

Well.. Ill try anyway.. :P Probally whatever 20 psi gives me Ill be happy with. I refuse to mix my gas. However far I can get on 91 octane thats where I will keep it.

Anyways, I have my block assembled. My rods and pistons are in their new home.

I love this picture.

And this one.

I basically assembled most of the motor last night. I had the bearings clearanced and the rings gapped by a professional engine builder. I didnt want to risk anything with this engine. Id do that with a winter beater but not with this much at stake. I want it done right the first time.

If you so desire you can check out my update to cardomain that I havent made in a dogs age. I guess this is what happens when youre bored at work.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/356372/9
Last edited by Franko on April 10th, 2007, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Holy, that looks like a crazy setup Franko, I can't wait to see some footage of this thing rippin. G/L with the rebiuld/install man.
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

looks nice, but i wouldnt push it on pump gas. You can probably push it to about 325-350 with REAL conservative timing on pump gas. My 400hp will be on a mix of race fuel, i use it every weekend anyway, so it doesnt bother me. Have fun, Peace!
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

It can be done Ive heard. People in cali apparently only get 91 and you see people pulling out 400 on the dyno.

Like this guy..

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/91+ ... 76e759.htm

Hondas are a bit different though because of vtec. The power and torque are way different. Realistically Ill probally make around what you say. That is ALOT of power for such a small car so it should provide quite a bit of entertainment. I just like saying 400 hp. :P
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

That is a great looking exhaust mani. :) Where did you pick the mani up from?

I have trouble keeping 300+ to the ground. I can't imagine the a---whoop would be like with another 100hp. Tire smoking heaven... :o
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Its an ssautochrome mani flipped and modified for the external wastegate just like what jteezy did. Thats really the only way to put a external wastegate on it. I still feel like I copied it though but it was the only place to put it. I hate it when people copy stuff. heh.

Im very excited to get the car going though.
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

haha, i dont mind that you copied me THAT MUCH, jk. I was actually gonna put mine straight out towards the front bumper since i have an aluminum civic radiator so i have alot of space. Hondas are completely different from us man, much higher rod and compression ratio, hence why they produce high hp and low tq. Whats funny is they make 800hp and run 10's while there are bg's with 300 running 10's and 9's, imagine with more power.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

A few new pics of the progress in the past few days.

Just thought youd might like to see.

Last edited by Franko on April 16th, 2007, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I wish my car was a 4cyl or if i could come across a bp mx3.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

hgallegos915 wrote:I wish my car was a 4cyl or if i could come across a bp mx3.
Hec because of that statement you must go and write 1,993 times, I love the klze motor and what it can do for me. :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Mnemonic wrote:
Hec because of that statement you must go and write 1,993 times, I love the klze motor and what it can do for me. :)
I'd just be happy if ARP started making studs for the KL-ZE. The ZE will own all; but, it's just so damn expensive. Not to mention that it costs twice as much for a 6 cylinder sequential fuel injection stand alone compared to a 4 cylinder sequential injection stand alone (AEM vs. Haltech). I estimate $5000 just for the engine for a good ZE setup.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Mnemonic wrote:
make it 3,589 times... very disappointed hector... i thought we were on the same page with our love for ze's
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

The ze is a good engine but for boost.. ouch not that good and a tunned bp has more potential and ewasier to rebuilt.. ive dissasembled this mottor when my mom messed her engine up (broken timing belt) and iw as amazed on how simple it is.. we did the full rebuild . honed the block had the shop do everything and put the new parts in. I wish it was manual.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

stock the bpt/bp has more potential, but if you were to invest the same time and parts into the ze :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Sorry for the broken pics.. I have them fixed now.. :P

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”