CD Player won't work.

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
KrissyKCMU

CD Player won't work.

Post by KrissyKCMU »

I recently took out my aftermarket pioneer CD player to see if I could install a new one, I installed the old one just fine. But when I went to put it back in, there is no power to it and now every time I turn my car off the dash clock resets. What could be causing this? Is the CD player bad, some kind of fuse, or maybe I need a new wiring harness?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

does the car work fine when the cd player is uninstalled? try unhooking the harness and see if it resets itself. inspect the harness to make sure none of the wires are damaged or signs of the short. Try to be more specific in describing your issue. Does it happen when any cd player is in? just the new one? just the old one? both now? does it happen when tere is no cd player in?
KrissyKCMU

Post by KrissyKCMU »

I do not have any CD player installed right now and the dash clock keeps reseting itself. It had never done this before. A couple days ago I took out the old one just to see if I could intsall the new one myself. The new one is not ready to install yet, it needs a new ribbon cable. So I unhooked a couple of wires and I go to hook them back up, turn the car on and the old one worked, put it back in the dash, turn the car on again, and it didn't work, took it back out, looked at all the wires, unhooked them all and put them all back together, and still dosen't work so I took it out again and left it out.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

IT IS A FUSE

does your interior light still work?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”