Race alignment settings

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Teqnyck

Race alignment settings

Post by Teqnyck »

This is really a question for people with racing experience. As my little GS becomes more of a track slut, and less of a street car, I feel like I can push the envelope further with my settings :D so what do ya'll think of this.

Front- 1/16 deg. tow out- 1.3 neg camber
Rear- 0 tow- 1.0 neg camber

My cousins Civic hatch had the front set to 1 neg camber and the rear at 2, but my springs are softer than his, and my car is naturally more oversteer happy than his was. But I am wondering if my camber will help balance the car out more. Any thoughts?
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I would do rear at 1* neg and front at 1.5*. See how that feels and then maybe reset the rear for less camber. However, only if you have a way to do this At the track. The camber will ruin a tire if run like that every day. Simple camber measuring scales don't cost that much and if you are into tracking worth the price. I haven't gotten any yet, but will soon enough.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

A friend of mine has camber adjustment scales, so we'll make tweaks with his tools. I did want to have the initial settings done by a professional, though, so I'm going to a place that does performance work for alot of local people, and they're gonna set me up right. I'm make my own adjustments from there.

I don't drive the car much anymore, just to and from the track, and I'm about to move alot closer to the track :lol:
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

pat camber doesnt kill tires like excessive toe does.

my alignment is +1/16 toe out each side in front and 0 toe in the rear. play with camber from there. camber really depends on the tire compound and sidewall you use. great thing is, it gets better tire wear than stock and feels very neutral in the corners on and off the throttle. if u want more steering response go with a weee bit more toe out in front.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”