help me with vacuum lines AND MORE please...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aguiloco

help me with vacuum lines AND MORE please...

Post by aguiloco »

hi, I´m finishing the SWAP but have to check all the vacuum lines for the millenia IM.

I search at the forum but all the topics with diagrams has broken links or non displayed images...

A lot of good photos of a working swap will help me too

thanks a lot
Last edited by aguiloco on March 8th, 2007, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Maybe this can help:

Let us know if there is a certain area you are stuck on and we will try to help.
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

this should help a little :) [/img]
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

is that the vacuum diagram from the k8 right solo_rider? for the millenia IM would be the same but without the EGR system?

mazdamx3freak I cant see your image...
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

dude the sensors for the egr... i dont even have them connected... you shouldnt have too much of a problem with vaccum.... just make sure it sits right ...there is a nipple in the back valve cover that runs into a line in the manifold make sure you get it in right.... then come up to yourfuel lines... make sure you get them in the right way... the one going into the fuel rail goes to the BENT part of fuel filter... the other to the fuel pressure regulator... make you you plug p the nipples in the back some how... i just ran a tiny hose that connects them both....the one on top of the throttle body (right before the throttle body on the manifold ) connect that to some sensors that run to the fire wall.... not too sure what those are for but thats where it goes...the water lines under the throttle body... the IAC sensor... v ris is easy to hook up .... blue is on the passenger side ...remeber passenger side silenoid open first...,.make sure you have a tiny hose running from the fuel pressure regulator to the nipple in the runners.... i cant think of anythign else but if do .... ill be sure to post.... and guys if im forgetting something .... help him out... i know how to do it... but its like an essay....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

buf.... really I speak english only the basic, when you start talking about technicall parts without images is a kick in my a-- to understand all...

actually the car won´t start, have problems at the sparks, maybe in vacuum too... Only using another cable to connect negative to the engine block the car start one time. I´m using the stock K8 ECU and when turn on the contact the fan start, and I use the 3º temperature sensor from the K8 swaping the coolant pipe, is the fan runing right?.

the mechanic use the k8 alternator because they say that the ZE has one less connctor

I have the tipical stupid mechanic than never do this before and surely I will have to check the problem by myself, I have only basic mechanical skils... how about that test?

-check the voltage from the alternator?
-check voltage to spark plugs?
-change the ECU?

I know than resolve that problem using the forum and with my bad english level is so hard, but I´m starting to gotten depressed...

there is some images, if you want more I can go and take it

aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

forget it, the engine finally start, but sound bad, too bad, and the vibrations are really anormal...
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

......hombre.... estoy mariado solo de ver tus cables.... con que es que ncesitas ayudA yo te mando fotos.....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

el motor no funciona bien, hace un ruido muy raro como de valvulas en la parte de la admision y tiembla mucho. Puede ser que me hayan puesto mal la correa de distribucion pero no lo puedo demostrar por el que mecanico dice que la puso como estaba la anterior.

Si me mandas fotos me ayudarias mucho en un futuro, aunque ahora mismo me siento hundido...
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

that´s the actual situation:

The mechanical says than the engine is in bad shape because at the intake maniford something sounds like a valve clicking continuos and the general run of the engine is really rare.

I think that is possible than that man didn´t mount the engine right.

I was at the garage this morning and make test by myselft, if I put off all the spark plugs and try to run the engine without ignition in the cilinders, it sounds really good, no clac clac clac, etc... it really sounds like all is running good internally. With the spark plugs an all conected the engine only start if I accelerate, and when the rpm up the engine becomes down like a fault of fuel or air.

I wanna know if that problems can be producen by a bad installation on vacuum and fuel lines or really the engine is in bad shape.

please help me...
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

yes problems can come out of a bad installation... but i dont see how it would start out spark plugs, if it had a bent valve which is the sound you describe ...you can see that by removing the manifold and looking down and you will see some thing that looks something like this Image
if it looks staright like that it is okay and that is not the problem .... if it looks like this Image or this Image
then that is your problem.... im not too good at checking timing but that could be the problem...
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

PWRD I do the engine run without spark plugs using the start electrical engine of the car (as usually you start an engine), compresion go out of each spark hole and that "cla cla cla cla..." dont sound. the sound is when the engine is runing with all connected.

Is hard to see that valves?
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

okay have you checked the GAP on the spark plugs.... make sure they are properly gapped.... no the valves are very easily seen as soon as you take off the manifold....try to post up a video of what it sounds like and what you are doing, so that i can get a better idea of what you are talking about.... i would say it is gonna be either that or timing....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

mejor hablame en español que en ingles me cuesta seguirte. Hay chispa en las bujias y estan colocadas correctamente en el distribuidor. Estoy usando el alternador y distribuidor del k8.

Si el motor tubiera algun problema en las valvulas o cigüeñal al hacerlo girar sin las bujias como te he dicho las valvulas que estuvieran mal sonarian igualmente?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”