OUCH wisdom tooth woes

Off-Topic Discussions
hgallegos915

OUCH wisdom tooth woes

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well ouch these things hurt.... its out and it bites down on my gum and it hurts so much you cant eat. So tomorrow Ill have to go get it pulled out... anyone knows if that procedure hurts? :S that son of a mouth is SHARP.. why do we even have them for anyway..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Most people's jaws can accomidate them. Pulling them does hurt a bit, but some pain meds ease the paint to a dull ache and after a day they are ok. Make sure not to smoke or suck on anything (no straws or things like that). A dry socket is supposed to be one of the most painful things a human can experience.
When I had mine pulled the Doc schedled me for 2- 1 hour visits. Two teeth one day and 2 the next week. The first two went ok, the second two had such twisted roots that it took 2 hours. He was sweating from the exertion of trying to pull them. He ended up cutting them in half and still had a mutha of a time getting them out. I was cracking up watching him sweat, told him that I was making him earn his money, lol. You may also get bone splinters from the tooth cracking the jaw where the tooth attached. I started feeling a sharp edge in my gum and week or so later a sliver of bone worked its way through my gum. Hurt a tad, but I ended up just scratching the surface of my gum to free the bone and pulled it out.
I bet you are ready now, lol. GL :lol:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Boris

Post by Boris »

Jesus PAt, I thought my wisdom teeth hurt. That must've been horrible!

I find that the major factor as to whether it'll hurt is if your teeth are impacted or not. Impacted is a lot more painful... if you don't have impaced then it's really not a huge deal. Even my sister went out with friends and was eating normally the same day... for me it took about a week to start eating somewhat normally.

Then again, I got em out when I lived at home. My mom was convinced the pain wasn't "that bad" and was monitoring my med dosage. My girlfriend had to sneak me extra T3's hahaha

OH and one more thing. If you can get perkaset instead of Tylenol 3s, go for that. Relieves the pain better, and leaves you feeling less drowsy and sick.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
bubsy83

wisdom teeth

Post by bubsy83 »

I had mine yanked when I was 19. This goes back a bit so I am trying to remember...I've since had a dental implant replaced lost in a car accident when I was 22...that was worse. Anyway, I was given gas as the dentist pulled them out and he was boppin to the radio. Young guy and very cool, only thing is he put the stitches in a little too tight as he had difficulties removing the stitches when the needed to come out. Otherwise not a bad experience in all. Now gum surgery and placing a stud for an implant which felt like a jackhammer ramming into the bone...that hurts but that's another story...
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

just had a exposed nerve in one yanked a few weeks ago, it hurts but not as much as whta i had goin on
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i had mine pulled out 3 years ago.... thats all 4 at once... 2 hours long and then i came home and ate a steak meal..... some people like my brother swelled up like a chipmunk for about 4 days.... i pulled the stitches out myself in the middle of science class... lol ummm ya its not that bad a bit of pain but hell the tylenol t3s help alot also.... GL
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

All 4 of mine came in straight :D No need to go the dentist at all :D Which is a good thing.. I hate dentists.. Sadists that found a legal and lucrative way to make a decent living if you ask me.. Good luck man.. Glad its not me :D

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Got mine removed back in highschool. Pulled all 4 the same session. They had to not only cut the teeth to get them out, but cut part of the jawbone as well. I was sedaded to the point where i couldn't feel anything, but the crunching sounds we're odd to say the least

We has them because we we're historically meat eaters, so the wisdom teeth were to aid in chewing the tough raw meat. We dont need them anymore, and we're slowly evolving not to have them...my sister had only 2 wisdom teeth
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

That is called deficient, not evolution...
lol, jk ;)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well I must say that was a painfull experience. It took 2 anesthesia shots to get me not to feet anything. I went to mexico to and ental university where they charged me 7.50 for the procedure. Its basically co eds doing the work.. it was painfull but they were hot LOL I got their number in case i develop any "pain" thats what they say? they were on their early 20s , <drool

http://www.geocities.com/c00l.geo/Tooth.jpg

oh yeah, the root was fused together.. or something like that. It took them like 1 hr and a half to get it out :S well the doctor had to pull it because the girls had a hard time .
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Off-Topic”