My Job Pics (56k Warning)

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Nd4SpdSe

My Job Pics (56k Warning)

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'm sure you guys wonder exactly what I go down to Virginia to do. Well, a buddy went home for the weekend, and left his camera behind, so i borrowed it to take some pics. Went in to work today, get ahead for Monday.

Here a Charger I started to work on friday. Left it as it to complete it over the weekend

I'm the trunk guy, so I take care of the wiring and equipement in the trunk. What goes in depends on what they want. This Charger is for the VSP (Virginia State Police). It's getting a "full package" install

Another guy takes care of the front end, the radio control heads and the laptop. That all depends on what they want as well.

And the trunk is finished, all that's missing is the equipment, except the siren controller, that's in there. The radios and such wont be ready until Monday, they are assigned and programmd for each person.

Second Charger, Marked unit "slick top" (no lightbar) that was untouched, started and finished this one today.

And the completed front console.

An Impala. I finished this one Friday, just waiting for equipment. This one is an unmarked unit for the State Police as well. Normally, I love doing Impala's, can finish a trunk in just over an hour if things go well, but I hate working on them if they don't have the equipement. The pre-made harnesses are just long enough, that's it's a PITA to ready the cables for the equipement because of that. tug too long one one end, short on the other.

A Crown Victoria. I didn't do this one. This isn't for the state police, another group, which I dont remember which one

Just to show, it's equipment. Left to right: Siren Controller. Main VHF radio, Repeater for handheld radio.

A Grand Prix. Same agency as the Crown Vic. I didn't do this one either, but nice stealthy install

This is a a fully equipped Charger with a lightbar. This one apparently is going to the Richmond Auto Show, when that is, I dont know yet. The rest of the guys were suppose to come in today and finish it, we know they went out last night, so we figured they we're too hung over. We left at 5 and they still didn't come by yet, oh well, they'll just have to do it tomorrow.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mike_moss

Post by mike_moss »

Wow, sick work man.

Now it all makes sense! (the screen, your car setup, etc.)
2001 Mazda MP3 | 1993 Mazda Protegé GT
My MX-3.com Feedback | My CarDomain Sites
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Holy Moly wiring mess Batman! LOL- that center consol looks like a new age tortouring device of some sick sort. Either that or a mobile mission controll for NASA. Hate to crash sitting next to all that electronics, cabels, bolted down stuff. Your trunk part looks much cleaner and the stealth install looks really nice. I notice it doesn't have a laptop, but why do the others look so messy?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Now it all makes sense! (the screen, your car setup, etc.)
Haha, not quite. I've only been doing this job a year come May, but i've had the CarPC setup for 4 years this past November. Essentially I didn't get influcenced from my job for the CarPC, but I got this job, with help of my best friend, from the experience of the CarPC (I've doen 2 others as well, with a 3rd waiting for nice weather and me to come home) and electrical/electronic experience from school, computer modding and such.
I notice it doesn't have a laptop, but why do the others look so messy?
To be honest, not quite sure what you mean by that.

The grey Charger (mine) has a laptop stand, but the wiring mess was because it was in progress. A co-worker (Pat) worked on and finished the same day I finished that trunk.

The second slick-top marked Charger, also having a laptop, was completed, front and back by myself and Pat.l The pics of the trunk were progression pics

The '06 Impala was completed the day before, but like the Chargers, it was scheduled for a Monday install (done on Friday)

The Crown Vica and Grand Prix was done Friday and ready to go. No laptop, low band radio or light controllers in those ones. NO idea why they didn't get picked up Friday, but oh well, not our problem.

The show Charger (apparently the auto show is this coming weekend) was done by other guys, who we're suppose to come in Satuday as well and finish it. They ended up not even coming in Sunday, but came in a bit earlier Monday morning and finished it then. Those pics were taken Saturday, vehicle left imcomplete.

Not all of the vehicles, even within each agency, need laptops, their only required for those who need information from the state database. Because they dont get a laptop doesn't actually change what can do in the trunk, but there is usually some corrilation, like they won't have low-band radios. No laptop means less work for the guy up front, but usually means more work for me, cause the ChargeGuard and portable radio charger ends up in the trunk.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Clappy

Post by Clappy »

do you get to test drive them to make sure your wiring holds up to the cornering? cause that would be sick
-----------------
Tim
09 Dodge Challenger SXT
08 G5 White
93 MX3 SE Red
94 MX3 V6 Black
95 MX3 V6 Blue/purple
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Haha, I wish, but that was all researched in the prototyping phase, in which we had no part in. We do get to drive them around the lot, play with the lights and sirens. The best are the tandem transport trucks, or even better was driving the snow plows when we did MTO last summer :)

BTW, if you didn't know, there's a hidden switch to allow the cop cars to be shifted out of park 8)
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Cool pictures, that's pretty awesome
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

Awesome work Mike, I'm sure this beats the hell out of working here in Sauga :P

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”