Speedo Sensor Stuck

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Bfisher

Speedo Sensor Stuck

Post by Bfisher »

I am trying to fill my transmission after I had drained the fluid and now I have a bigger problem. The sensor is stuck in the transmission and now is broken off down to 1/4 inch of threads and the bolt tab is broken off. How the heck does this thing come out. Is it threaded into the transmission or just a straight part?
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Manual gearbox??

Grap it with a pair of vise grips or pliers. It will come out with a slight twist. The only thing holding it in is a 10mm bolt.
Bfisher

Post by Bfisher »

Ya its a manual. I tried vise grips and other things to grab it. It will spin but not move upwards at all. I definitely used some force on it, there is something wrong.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Keep pulling, it will come out....
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Try "lightly" tapping it with something on the side of the speedo sensor. The speedo and speedo gear are bloth plastic so over time the gear teeth may actually start to bend some. The result would be a gear that does not want to release. I've seen some pretty stuck ones, but never one that wouldn't come out with some wiggeling and maybe a tap or two.
You will obviously need a new speedo now that you've broken the mounting tab...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

i had this problem a few months ago, but mine wasnt plastic, i drilled out the middle of it (its already broken anyways) and then poped a flat head under the sides to get it to pry up....it was a nightmare, ive flushed my tranny 4 times since then to make sure i dont have any metal shavings from the Speedosensor floating around inside the tranny
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way

Return to “Transmissions”