No power to deck anymore?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
trimble

No power to deck anymore?

Post by trimble »

I bought my mx3 with this sony Xplod deck installed in it and it worked fine. Then about a week ago I was driving and it randomly just died on me. When I parked I pressed all the buttons trying to bring my tunes back to life! But nothing happened and it looked like there was no power. All bummed out I went into the mall for an hour maybe? Came back out, started my car, and my deck started up again! I was like... kay weird. But sweet that it works again. Later that day I was driving again and it cut out once again. Just died, no warning, and no power to it. It hasn't come back to me yet. Any ideas? I'm not a technical person at all so any help/suggestions at all would be awesome! Thanks. =)
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

sounds like there is no ground hooked up to your deck - and the deck is grounding it's self from the antenna wire.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
trimble

Post by trimble »

How come it came back for a while though? And the deck's been installed for probably 6 months without any problems. Possibly a wire wiggled loose. Then wiggled back into place for a bit before it got jarred totally out of place maybe? I attempted taking my front dash off... but just managed to get the center console trim out. lol Did I mention I'm technically impaired?

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”