MazdaX3speed-95 1.8l BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mazdax3speed

MazdaX3speed-95 1.8l BPT

Post by mazdax3speed »

hey i used to be blindfendersk8r on here, i never posted a whoooole lot but decided to change my name so its the same on all the forums i visit

when i left off i had just start my swap, since then ive managed to complete it and sucessfully blow up the stock IHI turbo
as it sits right now i just bought a Garrett T25 SAFC greddy TT and other goodies and will finish it up once it gets warmer (hopefully before the end of march)

so on to pictures

ok so, the car was painted and the seats were done before i bought the car, also came with big chromies and altezzas
CURRENTLY- the car is on painted black 14" Del Sol wheels, BPT swap with BPT harness and ECU, custom made Turbo back 3" exhaust, shitty ebay intercooler(thats all i can think of)
FUTURE- fiting the T25, wiring up my SAFC2 and Greddy TT, possibly wiring up my MSD 6A (advice is apreciated) repainting the dash back to black, installing oil and water temp gauges (already bought) and reding out the stock tails to put back on or blacking out the altezzas, + random body work, get wheels for graduation this june Im thinking Rota Subzeros in royal black? or possibly Konig Heliums 17's only please

thanks leave constructive criticism
Last edited by mazdax3speed on February 14th, 2007, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Looking good! Get some nice lighted pics of the exterior. Looks like a neat ride :)
mx3407

Post by mx3407 »

Looking really nice man.. :D I'm currently working on the same swap. Where did you get the Cam gears for the BPT? Also what injectors did you use? I'll appreciate your help bro.
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

those are stock cams, the timing belt cover was messed up when i got it, so i had to take it off,
as fas as injectors they are stock BPT also

to end any further confussion this is a Jspec BPT not a usdm BP with a turbo kit, so pretty much everything motor/internal wise is 'stock'

but as of now im working on retrofiting a tubular DSM manifold to use a t25 because my stock IHI turbo blew up, ill post pictures if i get my camera fixed, if not wait till its done and ill show

it needs new pictures, theres alot of useless stuff still hanging around the engine bay in those old pics, and the real paint color looks more like those taken at night
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Was there any modifying involved to get those gauges to fit into the vents?
Cy

Post by Cy »

Can you inform me as to where you installed your Turbo Coolant and Oil lines... if it is both Coolant and oil cooled?
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

with the air vent mounted gauges, no theres no modification needed, just take the dash off, and the vents are held in by 2 screws, take the screws out and your left with big open hole, just slide the gauge in....im not positive of the size of my gauges, but they are the 'standard' size, and they need to be forced a little bit, but fit fine and snug

as far as oil and coolant lines to the turbo, if you mean the setup shown, its all stock, the lines were already there and hooked up. as far as the lines for the new T25, i havent got into that yet, the manifold didnt show up today like it was suposed to, im thinking of buying a oil line kit for a T25 on a honda or any random car, cutting the fittings off the side that goes to the motor and flaring them out & put the old stock fittings on....if that makes sense, so on one side the lines will have T25 fittings and the other side will have stock BPT fittings...because i dont know the thread patterns to try and find any that match
Cy

Post by Cy »

some picks of where they go into the motor would be more then enough information..

Even if they made stock-parts with bung's in them that would be a lead to get some even if i have to go dealer...
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

sorry my camera broke, i think the motor that makes the lens extend broke, im not sure, hopefully i can get it fixed before the end of the week
but search around this board and cardomain or somthin to try and see some up close engine pics, like i said ill be happy to take some if i can get my camera workin....if i have to buy a new one it might take some time....more important things goin on right now that cost $$$....TUBULAR MANIFOLD....should have gotten here today, emailin the company as we speak
mx3407

Post by mx3407 »

I am debating to either use the BPT ECU or a Stand Alone. I see that you used the stock ECU from the BPT, how's that working out? The only problem with me is that I dont have the wiring harness but that should'nt be too much of a problem. I don't wanna spend extra cash on a stand alone if its really not neccesary. Any info would help.
Cy

Post by Cy »

mx3407 wrote:I am debating to either use the BPT ECU or a Stand Alone. I see that you used the stock ECU from the BPT, how's that working out? The only problem with me is that I dont have the wiring harness but that should'nt be too much of a problem. I don't wanna spend extra cash on a stand alone if its really not neccesary. Any info would help.
SEM is never really nessicary unless your running a stupid amount of mods...or want THE ABSOLUTE best tune...and it's also a little safer because you can monitor engine parameters...all on one unit and log that data vs. guages...
Welly

Post by Welly »

Been done before!

do something different!!!
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

sorry its been so long for my reply, the ECU works fine, but would probably work better with a BPT MAF instead of the RX7, i made charts a while back for the wiring that needs to be done under the dash in a 94+ that ill try and post up if you decide to continue. but ran rich in the past, so needed a tune, but im almost positive its because of the MAF not the ECU....and rich is better than lean....

its been along time since ive posted my progress...
this is my new manifold
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/F ... 1_6068.jpg[/IMG]
its a DSM manifold with new flanges on to fit the BPT and the T25 instead of 16g....decided to use DSM because the ports matched up better than any other manifold

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/F ... 2_6533.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/F ... 3_6993.jpg[/IMG]

dash is now black again...grew out of the white quite fast, does have stock taillights, took off the wind diffusers, and looking to get MB motorsports Competition 16" wheels within a month or two

(why are my pictures not working??)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

mazdax3speed wrote:sorry its been so long for my reply, the ECU works fine, but would probably work better with a BPT MAF instead of the RX7, i made charts a while back for the wiring that needs to be done under the dash in a 94+ that ill try and post up if you decide to continue. but ran rich in the past, so needed a tune, but im almost positive its because of the MAF not the ECU....and rich is better than lean....

its been along time since ive posted my progress...
this is my new manifold
its a DSM manifold with new flanges on to fit the BPT and the T25 instead of 16g....decided to use DSM because the ports matched up better than any other manifold

dash is now black again...grew out of the white quite fast, does have stock taillights, took off the wind diffusers, and looking to get MB motorsports Competition 16" wheels within a month or two

(why are my pictures not working??)
There, make sure you use the IMG tags on the same line as the URL
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

thanks, i tried that 'auto copy' feature on photobucket, i guess thats why they didnt work

btw turbo is clocked now (snap rings blow!) and like i said waste gate was welded and mounted, so manifold looks much better now, i can use mothers mag polish on the manifold right??

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”