apexi safc 2 settings

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
Hayata

apexi safc 2 settings

Post by Hayata »

i looking forward to buy a safc for my klze motor with a k8 ecu.. and i've been looking up on the manuals online on the safc no settings on the sensors for my car.. i checked couple topics posted previously about safcs and people dont answer the friggen question. they just go off and talking about other s---. the question again DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SETTINGS FOR AN SAFC? btw i have JE50 cone style air flow sensor.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

You may be better of posting in PT cause they have more tuners there. But I know what you mean, it alllllways gets into some stupid MS battle.
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

You won't have any better luck on PT, the general consensus is that you can't use a SAFC on our cars. Whether that's true or not won't really be a point of interest.

Sorry we couldn't help you more, although a friend of mine (stereoking15) used a AFPR with his car and had great success with it. Not as fine tune as a SAFC, but it worked while he was using the K8 ecu.
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you can.. but not at idlle you need to make it so that your throttle is a bit open. I forgot where i read the details..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

hgallegos915 wrote:you can.. but not at idlle you need to make it so that your throttle is a bit open. I forgot where i read the details..

You're right, it's just hard to tell other people that :lol: I'm too lazy for that, I like just having a needle to turn.
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

its a waiste and doesnt really work well on the v6s so no one really uses it sorry
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Mnemonic wrote:its a waiste and doesnt really work well on the v6s so no one really uses it sorry

who are you to just come and say its a waste. Sure it works. I know someone running an MX-6 ze using it and it mad a difference. To get the full benefit of this you need to tune it on a dyno. There is not any specific setting for it like this guy is asking for.

And also people on PT say it doesn't work because at WOT the stock ecu ignores the TPS sensor. which is one main thing the SAFC requires. There is a certain way around this I have read. also adjust the tps to a certain position i heard works

I personally am going with a Probinator Chip in my k8 ECU, with kl31 fuel and timing maps and curve neck vris points and a JE50, with also a SAFC Neo and a AEM afpr and it will be tuned on a dyno. oh and some Falken Azenis RT615's Thats my ticket to 13's. :lol: :lol: :lol:
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

who am i to say I am Captan OBVIOUS Lets see waste about 260 dollars on a apexi safc2 and get minimal increase in power that wont work properly, or spend 310 dollars on a megasquirt and get real results....

A difference in 50 dollars and a difference in real power gains your typical ze, the reason why most decide to go megasquirt and not safc :)

So the megasquirt has gotten up to 198whp on a ZE with basic bolt ons, show me what the safc has done....

And why is this topic in the v6 forum and not in the engine tuning section
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Hayata

thanks guys

Post by Hayata »

thanks people does anyone have some spare time to talk about this indepth? lol cuz i need to find out what exactly im in for.. im in the toronto area. give me a call 1 416 890 5102 thanks again gil
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Mnemonic wrote:who am i to say I am Captan OBVIOUS Lets see waste about 260 dollars on a apexi safc2 and get minimal increase in power that wont work properly, or spend 310 dollars on a megasquirt and get real results....

A difference in 50 dollars and a difference in real power gains your typical ze, the reason why most decide to go megasquirt and not safc :)

So the megasquirt has gotten up to 198whp on a ZE with basic bolt ons, show me what the safc has done....

And why is this topic in the v6 forum and not in the engine tuning section

first of all how the f--- can we even compare a piggy back to a complete standalone?
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you compare based on price, both are within the same price range, why get a piggyback when you can get a standalone :)

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

some ppl can't figure out how to wire the MS either, that is not the easiest system to install let alone you need a laptop to tune that (if you had to add in the laptop to the price then thats alot). Alos, SAFC has done wonders to untuned NA motors from what I have seen, you just need to use it in conjuction with a AFPR and you should be ok. Please SAFC2 are like 200 or less nowadays and the new SAFC NEO has a 16 part fuel map that you can edit, so if you knew what you were doing you could get good gains out of it for a minimal price. I am considering doing this myself as 1. I have no idea how to wire the MS (proly can find out on the net) and 2. I need a laptop which I do not have. Plus SAFC just looks cool.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Mnemonic wrote:why get a piggyback when you can get a standalone :)
Stand alone units are illegal in my state, piggybacks aren't. And like solo said, less work.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

mnemonic is completely correct in all the posts in this thread and i second everything he said.

if the safc or any piggy backs did not automatically adjust timing when adjusting fuel then it would be a much better systems to use. i know a several people with safc's that are sick of the in consistencies it provides and that sometimes it will just not work at all or on some days it works great. to get the most use out of an safc, you would also need an adjustable fpr, as well as something like an hks vpc and a wideband, which is needed for tuning with any hardware. in the end you would be spending a bigger buck when you could have bought a haltek, motec, autronic, fast etc (not trying to promote any brands but the cost would be equivilant to one of those big dollar systems) here is where the ms arguement comes into play. a well tuned ms will run your car very well and thats the fact.

bottom line is tuning is tuning. to do it right u need to pay for a dyno and a wideband o2 whether you do it with a safc or an ems and tuning if u dont know how to tune. so when it all boils down, the cost difference is in the tuning hardware as is the consistency and reliability of the engine.

so the arguement for me is that if you want the safc make sure u buy the fpr, wideband o2, and something like a hks vpc and dyno time. or buy a ems, fpr, wideband and dyno time. the cost difference in the end will not be very big for either option
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

check jeff abrams site all he had was a piggy back
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”