Head light Removal

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Moe_maX

Head light Removal

Post by Moe_maX »

ummm... yea... as ashamed as i am, my head light has been broken for a few months now and i don't know how to remove the headlight assembly.

Don't laugh... please help... then laugh all you want...

Cheers
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

There are 2-3 obvious screws on top. One hidden screw underneath that's tricky to get to. Use the shop manual on the front page to get a better idea. It's much easier if you take the bumper off, but it isn't necessary.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You will have to at least take a few of the screws or bolts out of the front bumper to get it free.
As for the light, there are two bolts on the top, one on the inside corner under the bumper and one below the light that you can see if you take out the turn signal and look around in the hole (slightly above the turn signal hole if I remember correctly).
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
illapino

Post by illapino »

yeah, that was a biatch. i couldn't figure it out. i wanted to remove my front bumper once, but the headlight was in the way. so i started undoing every possible screw i could see in the area, but got so confused. it seemed that the headlight was in the way of the bumper and the bumper in the way of the headlight so neither the headlight or bumper could be removed at all! i gave up and haven't tried again since ... manual is no help. mine's a 1992 and i swear there are more bolts and screws in my front bumper than the 'three' shown in the online manual ! yeah , i found that screw that's behind the turn signal but there was no frickin way to get my hand to it. couldn't squeeze in there.
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
Moe_maX

Post by Moe_maX »

Thanks for the help all, i would have never guessed the bolt was behind the turn signal. I was a pain in the a-- to remove it... but i figured it out....
Cheers
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

;) np, glad to help.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
fallko76

Post by fallko76 »

I couldn't figure out where this bolt is so I went to local scrapyard just to have a look where it is. I have made a piccy of that, so can share with you :-) Factually, you can see it through direction indicator hole but with some kind of torch and on top of that it's barely accessible, unless you have some really curvy tool to get to there. I had to take my bumper off to get the headlight off.

The hidden bolt is the one in the middle on the picture:
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

I just remove my turn signal housing to get to the hidden bolt. Then use a small ratchet with 10mm socket, or whatever size it is.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

like umcamar1 said, if you have small hands you can get it out if you remove the signal light, or if you have room under the headlight between the bumper use a extension on the ratchet and this will do it.
fallko76

Post by fallko76 »

So i looks like this small indicator hole is designed for small japanese hands :-) not for yeti european/american man hands ;-)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”