ht leads

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3KEV21

ht leads

Post by MX3KEV21 »

when i start the engine and remove an ht lead you would expect to see the spark jump on the part of the lead that connects to the spark plug but on my car the spark jump happens at the distributor cap end of the lead, the sparks coming out of the rubber insulation and hitting the distributor holding screw. this doesnt happen when the lead is connected to the sparkplug, only when sparkplug end is dis connected, also i removed the sparkplug and it was black and the top of the piston was wet and there was a fuel smell from that sparkplug hole. the distributor appears to have a crack at the screw but the sparks coming out of the lead boot not the distributor cap. any help pls
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

in a ht system the energy will always find the eaiset way to ground

replace your distubutor cap, rotor and leads.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
MX3KEV21

Post by MX3KEV21 »

got new leads dizzy cap and rotor and new sparkplugs. when a was taking the old sparkplugs out one of them was really black and the top of that piston which the sparkplug came out of was wet and a bit of smoke to. what could cause this? the lead is firing ok.
MX3KEV21

Post by MX3KEV21 »

forgot to add the engine sometimes pinks on start up of the engine but never under load. maybe just once a week and the car will lose a bit of power and use more fuel after a few days it will start to run good then pink when turned on again starting the problem all over again. could this be related to the fuel on top of the piston?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”