10th Annual Mississauga Mazda meet.

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.

What day should the 10th Annual Mississauga Mazda meet be?

Saturday, June 23
30%
Sunday, June 24
40%
Saturday, July 7
20%
Sunday, July 8
10%

Total votes: 10

mx3autozam

10th Annual Mississauga Mazda meet.

Post by mx3autozam »

Alright we need to get started on this. the thread about Active members showed that we are all still alive. Now last year we had complains about eerything from location to the date to the cruise. I want everyone to shoot out soem ideas for this year and we will see what we can do.

I have came up with some dates.Both Saturday and Sunday. I myself think that saturday would be the best day, but this is for everyone so we need everyones opinions. As for a Rain date it would be the week after.

Saturday, June 23
Sunday, June 24
Saturday, July 7
Sunday, July 8

We need a location. Same as last time or does anyone else have any other ideas.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

ya weekends are usaly the best but ya i like the saturday idea better easier for me so i can rest on sunday
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

don't make it Saturday ... when we did last year everyone got upset because it usually is always on a Sunday ... got my hands slapped for that one

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ElectronBlue wrote:ya weekends are usaly the best but ya i like the saturday idea better easier for me so i can rest on sunday
Ya, that was my reasoning with choosing Saturday, but that didn't please everyone. Plus the meets were typically on a Saturday too, so it made sence, to me anyway.

Before I forget, I just want to thank all who helped out. Bochek and his dad for leading the cruise, and Melissa, great idea on the prizes. I still wish I could of been there... :(

Also note that this is potentially the 10 year anniversary of this actual meet, the Mississauga Mazda Meet at the Promenade on the Mississauga shoreline.

Hehe, MMM-X, kinda cool

As well, last year it was argued to change the location of this meet. If we do, especially if it's outside of Mississauga, than it wont count, and we loose 10 straight years of tradition, if one cares to follow it. I will help to organize this meet, but only if we plan to have it on the Promade. Why? Because that's how I feel about it. I dont see a problem now coming back from Virginia for the weekend of the meet

As for day, it's hard to say. Sunday has it's potential as well. With the cruise last year (although planned on a Saturday, so it didn't work out), there's large gathering of cars at the No Frills on Lundy's Lane, but people have to work the next day, but some people work Saturday's too, which I know a few people ended up missing it because of work. With that, my suggestion would be Sunday, cause if people want to go to the meet, they can, but if they dont want to be out late (pending we have after-meet activities) can go home. Could be a problem for me, if I *have* to fly out Sunday back to VA for Monday, unless I can take Monday off, but i'd have to check that.

I did have a few ideas for the cruise. Could have it follow the escarpment like last year, than from there either follow the Niagara River (like you guys were suppose to ;)) last year, or I know some people wanted to check out the Welland Canal, could take a scenic cruise along the canal, where you can follow it. Was thinking if we do that, since it's ends in Port Colborne, end the meet a bit earlier, stop ay my parents place (which is spitting distance from the Canal) for a supper BBQ. Plenty of parking there. Could even, if it's on a Sunday, go to cruise night in Niagara Falls from there.

One thing we need to do is actually have everthing set for AT LEAST a month before the date. It may of caused lower attendance last year because the decisions were made, so no one could plan ahead and get word out. This NEEDS to be done.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

The Sunday sounds good to me .. well really either day .. I know if Sunday's the day I'll take Monday off .. no big deal.

For the 10th definitely we should have it in Mississaugua ... we should have everything planned earlier than 1 month before .. I have no problem in helping .. we need to advertise and we will. I can and/or anyone else try to get some prizes .. I have some ideas ..

This could be really good but it takes time to organize something great! Also we have to arrange to make sure we get good pictures. We need to plan that also ..

We should set up a date for a "meeting" .. let everyone know the date 2 or 3 wks before the meet so we can get a good turn out ...

These are only suggestions

DEB
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

May I make some sugguestions??

First off I agree with mike, tradion should not be broken to accomadate people. It has always been at this location, why change it? The last 9 years was not an issue, great turnouts for all. Although the last meet was made into a cruise it was still successful.

I think organizers should involve our moderators, and Jeff, MR.MX-3.COM himself.

Personally I feel this meet was never put up for discussion before, why now? When you give people the options, the make negative feedback... not putting words in peoples mouths but ie... location, time, duration.... those are all things set from before.

If no one is going to ask for help from the Board moderators, its just gonna turn out to be another local meet..

Secondly I dont think prizes should be options at this meet. We are all there to meet and greet, dont u think? We should be judging, we are re-uniting!

Krish
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

kp2t wrote:I think organizers should involve our moderators, and Jeff, MR.MX-3.COM himself.
I feel the same.
Personally I feel this meet was never put up for discussion before, why now? When you give people the options, they make negative feedback... not putting words in peoples mouths but ie... location, time, duration.... those are all things set from before.
Sometimes others may suggest some ideas that we may have not thought of.

If no one is going to ask for help from the Board moderators, its just gonna turn out to be another local meet
I don't agree with that BUT... it is a good idea to get them involved.
Secondly I dont think prizes should be options at this meet. We are all there to meet and greet, dont u think? We should be judging, we are re-uniting!
The thought about prizes was an idea to get people's attention to come out
to be with other mxers.

Krish[/quote]

DEB
trimble

Post by trimble »

Go for the July weekend. A fair number of us are teens or early 20's and have school ending with exams at the end of June.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mymx.3 wrote:
kp2t wrote:I think organizers should involve our moderators, and Jeff, MR.MX-3.COM himself.
kp2t wrote:If no one is going to ask for help from the Board moderators, its just gonna turn out to be another local meet
I feel the same.
[...]
I don't agree with that BUT... it is a good idea to get them involved.
Not going to happen. The only local mods and admins are Jeff, J-Beef and Andrew.

J-Beef will more likely be there and help, but some his ideas we're totally opposite of what most felt what should be done. This added to the reasons why things never got sorted out until a decision was firmly made at the last minute.

Andrew, he's not really around, he no longer has an Mx-3, I don't see him, or a need, for him to help. He's more of a lurking user/mod that helps out when he's around.

Jeff, good luck. Apparently he's really busy. In the almost 5 years I've had my Mx and participated in meets, I've only seen him once, ever, and this was at the MMM about 3 years ago, stopped by on his bike for several minutes, than left. I don't know him, so I dont know if he's really busy, not actually busy, and if just does or does not care to participate in our gatherings, but that not me to say, nor would I have any influence in that.

kp2t wrote:Personally I feel this meet was never put up for discussion before, why now? When you give people the options, they make negative feedback... not putting words in peoples mouths but ie... location, time, duration.... those are all things set from before.
Sometimes others may suggest some ideas that we may have not thought of.[/quote]

That's true, we need to keep our minds open, some suggestions are good to consider, like trimble's good point above, but in the end, we need to be firm on a decision eventually, because 1) you can't make everyone happy and 2) some people will not care to see or post in this thread until it's technically too late. Eventually you just need to say "tough s---" and just keep organizing and planing with what you got. If someone decides to wait until after to contribute some thoughts, weither the idea is good or bad, it's just SOL. Sure, it's kinda not right to not acknoledge their ideas, but it's not right for the organizers to drop and change everything because someone decided to procrastinate, when the window to offer ideas and suggestions has been open for months prior; cause in the end, we'll again, just keep on waiting and planing until the very end
mymx.3 wrote:
kp2t wrote:Secondly I dont think prizes should be options at this meet. We are all there to meet and greet, dont u think? We should be judging, we are re-uniting!
The thought about prizes was an idea to get people's attention to come out
to be with other mxers.
It's a good incentive. Remember too that his is kinda technically a Mazda Meet. If we get it organized soon enough, and if we decide on having prizes, than it would be nice to have prizes for the non Mx-3's. Not a whole list of categories, well, maybe for the Mx-3's since it is our organized meet, but have one or two categories (like best stock/clean and best modded/wild) for the other non-Mx-3's that participate, but we would need to have things set far enough in advance (like a month or longer) so we can post it up on the other Mazda communities
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

what we can say is .......... everyone has a chance to stress their views about the mx-3 meet ... let us say a final date .. like the middle of April ... then that gives us about 2 months .. then right away we start planning .. we should organize things so it is all arranged 2 or 3 wks before the event then there is no panic

Just my thoughts

DEB
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Traditionally it has always been in June, not that it really matters too much.

Nd4SpdSe - Like Jeff I am also very busy and correctly so don't even have an MX-3 so I don't think it would be appropriate for me to organize anything. I did organize one of the Annual Mississauga Meets a few years ago and although it was one of the most successful in terms of mx-3's turning out a lot of people bitched me out about it which I didn't really appreciate and after that never felt the desire to do it again.

I think if anyone should organize this meet and take charge it would be you. Afterall you are probably the most senior member of the Toronto Club now.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Andrew_Pakula wrote:I think if anyone should organize this meet and take charge it would be you. Afterall you are probably the most senior member of the Toronto Club now.
Scarilly enough, that is true. I know I would be doing it one way or another. Part of my issue is that I'm working out of the country, so that will add some complexity in me organizing it. As well, as I said last year, the decision isn't all mine.

I'll do what i need to do with that I have and what I can, but I can't do it alone...
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

I 100% agree that it has to be held at the same spot it has been for the last decade.
I'm voting on Saturday for the MMM-X (hehe..just wait till #13... MMM-X3) so that people who are coming from out of town (like the guy from the states a couple years ago) will have some time to get home.

On top of that, who's to say that we can't organize a cruise on the Sunday and do the BBQ/NoFrills thing as an extention? not everyone will come for the cruise, true, but if there are people who have their heart set on it, it'll b an option. we just need to stress that the "MMM-X" will be the MEET.

The reason I think it was suggested that mods get involved is for a banner. when I was a noob, even a full year before I was even an active member, I saw the banner for the annual meet on the main page and decided to show up. not everyone that will show up will be an active member on the boards and we need to realize this.
We need a banner made up, and all of the active members who have homepages should put the banner on their site, linking to an information page (once things are set in stone) so that people will show up.
on the information page, there should be pictures of previous years and etc....as well as info on how to get there and what to expect.

I agree though that July would probably be best for those who may have exams at the end of june. by july there's usually nothing holding anyone back except for ppl going on vacation.....but they don't count since the rest of us havta work :P

as for prizes.....i don't really care either way.....unless i get one :P

(btw, do we know who we need to contact to get permission to use that space? i'll havta sift through last year's planning if no1 knows off hand)
Mike, I'll see what I can do to help organize. If you need a local goto guy while u'r out of country, lemme know what i can do to help
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Deimos wrote: On top of that, who's to say that we can't organize a cruise on the Sunday and do the BBQ/NoFrills thing as an extention? not everyone will come for the cruise, true, but if there are people who have their heart set on it, it'll b an option. we just need to stress that the "MMM-X" will be the MEET.
I think that's a good idea, but on the flip side, I think the reason for the cruise was to add an activity. People in the past complained that it was boring, that were was nothing else planned, so the idea of the cruise was suggested to give incentive for those who want to come to the meet, to do more than just hang around.

Deimos wrote: The reason I think it was suggested that mods get involved is for a banner. when I was a noob, even a full year before I was even an active member, I saw the banner for the annual meet on the main page and decided to show up. not everyone that will show up will be an active member on the boards and we need to realize this.
We need a banner made up, and all of the active members who have homepages should put the banner on their site, linking to an information page (once things are set in stone) so that people will show up.
on the information page, there should be pictures of previous years and etc....as well as info on how to get there and what to expect.
Very true, I dont know what happened last year, but I think it probably has to do with how last minute things were organized
Deimos wrote: I agree though that July would probably be best for those who may have exams at the end of june. by july there's usually nothing holding anyone back except for ppl going on vacation.....but they don't count since the rest of us havta work :P
I agree, only makes sence really.
Deimos wrote: as for prizes.....i don't really care either way.....unless i get one :P
As much as I would like one, I think it would only be fair for me not to, I have the Meeting Of The Mazda's title to defend.
Deimos wrote: btw, do we know who we need to contact to get permission to use that space? i'll havta sift through last year's planning if no1 knows off hand
No one that I know of. That was a concern J-Beef mentioned but I dont think anyone has requested and type of permission to be there.
Deimos wrote: Mike, I'll see what I can do to help organize. If you need a local goto guy while u'r out of country, lemme know what i can do to help
Thx ;)

In my post for organising this, I don't want to come out at stubborn, but I tend to play devil's advocate, try to make sure we take into effect everything we know and try to suit the majority
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

OK guys ... I'm ready to help :froggie_red:

............ that's if you need me :wink:

I have lots of free time .........:mrgreen:

DEB

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”