Maybe buying, 1994 mazda mx3 -5 precidia spd (CANADIAN)

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Goatnce

Maybe buying, 1994 mazda mx3 -5 precidia spd (CANADIAN)

Post by Goatnce »

I was looking through the paper today and found a 1994 mazda mx3 -5 precidia spd,stereo/cass,pm,cert/e-tested, runs & drives excellent. 174,000

$2200

I work at a Construction site so i'll be carrying a bit of tools. not much just trunk tools. Also this is going to be my first car since i am 19 still at home. Its a cheap buy, h=just what I wanted and it looks nice at the same time. I'm pretty new to cars sorry but I was wondering is anyone can help me out with giving me some info before i decide to buy.

-Whats the gas mileage like?
-Insurance, a big question. Fist time car and all. I will be calling up to check this up but an idea for a first time car.
-Does the trunk hold much and what about the back seats? It doesnt look like there will be much room in the back but thats alright.. Anyone with pictures of the whole car with the trunk would be great.

Thanks! And if this is in the wrong spot sorrt :lol:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hey, thats cool to hear the 94's are nice.

First:

Is it a 4 cyl or 6 cyl, mileage is very different between the 2, the 6 does not get as good as the 4 (maybe 24mpg for the 6 cyl). Also, you would be sruprised how much that hatch can hold, if you flip down the seats then you haven more room. Insurance is relitively cheap on these cars as in most older cars.

Good luck, the price doesnt seem to bad as long as it doesnt smoke!
Goatnce

Post by Goatnce »

solo_ryder wrote:Hey, thats cool to hear the 94's are nice.

First:

Is it a 4 cyl or 6 cyl, mileage is very different between the 2, the 6 does not get as good as the 4 (maybe 24mpg for the 6 cyl). Also, you would be sruprised how much that hatch can hold, if you flip down the seats then you haven more room. Insurance is relitively cheap on these cars as in most older cars.

It does not say in the ad. There is also another one I was viewing but it is a 92 V6. Pretty done up for just $2000 and its 'come as is'. So I looked on and found the car i posted about.

I'm told this is a chicks car but honestly a car is a car. Looks nice to me haha. By smoking what do you mean? :oops:
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Haha not a chick car. Smoke in the exaust refers to things burning that shoudln't be (ie: oil). Go look at it, find some info, then take it to a machanic that you know well and trust for an inspection. then let us know whats up.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
bubsy83

Post by bubsy83 »

Goatnce wrote:
solo_ryder wrote:Hey, thats cool to hear the 94's are nice.

First:

It does not say in the ad. There is also another one I was viewing but it is a 92 V6. Pretty done up for just $2000 and its 'come as is'. So I looked on and found the car i posted about.

I'm told this is a chicks car but honestly a car is a car. Looks nice to me haha. By smoking what do you mean? :oops:
Yeah, I have heard that same thing about MX-3's being a chick car, and being a chick that owns one, I have to say that my husband is having a lot more fun with it lately, than I have, which I am cool with. It seems to me that more guys own these cars than girls anyway, even the representation of guys to gals on the MX-3.com membership supports that. So obviously it is not a chick car but just assumed so unfairly. What can ya do?? :D
Goatnce

Post by Goatnce »

Vanished wrote:Haha not a chick car. Smoke in the exaust refers to things burning that shoudln't be (ie: oil). Go look at it, find some info, then take it to a machanic that you know well and trust for an inspection. then let us know whats up.
Oh alright thanks :). I will prob take it to a machanic one of my friends know and he can do a quick look. its past everything etest and cert.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea if they are selling a 92 that says as is then you may not want to jump on that. You get what you pay for and the 94's are abit nicer IMO. Even if the 94 is a 4cyl it has alot of potential for boost etc. Good luck, let us know what you do.
Goatnce

Post by Goatnce »

reason why i am posting is I want to know if this would be a good car for myself? It will be my first car and bassicly me driving it every day to work and back and such.

I heard these kind of cars cost a lot to repair in shops? Also if i buy the 94 and it already has 174 clicks will it be alright? in 2-4 years time.?

PS: I wont add anything to the car prob to make it look nicer maybe just a paint job if it needs one..and the odd ball when it needs it
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

It can cost alot to fix, but that depends on wether or not you can fix it yourself or know someone wh can. With any motor, find out when they last changed the waterpump and Timing belt. Those are usually the most important things to replace.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”