idle problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mrlevesque

idle problem

Post by mrlevesque »

i have a '93 se. when first started the engine will idle high and gradually the idle speed will drop until the engine is fully warm (which i assume is normal warm up) after it has fully warmed up, it will not hold a steady idle speed instead it will rev up and down up and down up and down...
after replacing the clutch, transmission, and fuel filter, the cel displays two codes - egr sensor, and crankshaft position sensor. i believe this may be caused by some bad connections from when i did all the work. i don't think this is the cause of the rev problem though because it had this problem before the tranny work before the cel came on. since then i have replace dist cap, rotor and plug wires, still surging. does anyone have any experience with this problem? please help!
bubsy83

idle problem

Post by bubsy83 »

This topic seems to be a common problem for a lot of MX-3 owners. In a previous post I learned a lot about it and thought that I would put it here for you. Perhaps it will contain information that you are looking for. Good luck!!

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=55947

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”