Leaking oil from here?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Leaking oil from here?

Post by hgallegos915 »

http://www.geocities.com/c00l.geo/oilstuff.jpg

ok I checked filter.. its tight. Checked the hose and its good no leaks. Appears to be leaking trough the grooves or the disk shaped thingy? any ideas? I think Ill swap over my k8 one not sure if its the same.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

ohhh hec a k&n performance filter, i heard they add 15 hp, as for your oil leak, if you take off the oil filter you will see a big nut (1 1/8' i think) on the threaded spigot. remove that and the coolant lines. The oil housing will split from the oil cooler. There is a oring in there that is the same as the orings that are on oil filters. mazda wanted 14 dollars for the oring, buy a $5 cheepie filter and use the oring off of it.
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Had a KL which was leaking from there. Took a K8 oil cooler and put on it. The K8 one has fewer plates , but i assumed that it was supposed to do the job on such a motor, K8 or KL.

Try to open it like the guy said, i didn't think about this before buying another one.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”