How bad is this KLZE setup??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hharb

How bad is this KLZE setup??

Post by hharb »

I found out a few interesting things about my ZE setup, oh and i did search alot, i'm just looking for opinions on the setup and what's the easiest way to improve it. so i have a kl84 ecu (a probe one) the je 50 VAF, and the k8 mani, and the k8 injectors, i honestly think this setup is pretty weird, the k8 ecu is still in too, but its obviously not used. should i mod the ecu? and if i should, would i be better off modding the kl, or the k8 ecu. I know i should probably change the intake manifold, and get a curved neck mani or something. I mean i know almost all the parts i mentioned are not proper ze parts, but changing all this stuff would be a pain and would cost a fortune.... so any ideas would be appreciated.
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

thats one weird setup, that engine is starving for air because the k8 mani is so restrictive and the ze intake ports are square where as the k8 mani are oval, they dont match up at all. The smaller injectors are also holding back quit abit of potential from the engine.

-get yourself a de mani there easy to find, of a millenia mani, but there more expensive and pricier. The injectors should be included in the mani you buy as well as a bigger throttle body.
-Then get a kl02 vaf and it should run damn good. or your other option is to keep the je50 vaf and put in a eprom chip into one of your ecu's that makes it into a jspec ecu.

*ryan*
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah i say gete kl 02 vaf, get your de ecu chipped to your specs and get the millenia manifold.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

so you just found out that your ze has a k8 manifold and injectors. Did you not know this before. Who did your swap? if it was you, then obviously you mus ahve swapped that stuff over! I'm lost here man. i didn't even know you had a ze either!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hharb

Post by hharb »

it's a new car i bought it was a great deal (1600) 94 with lots of upgrades, so yeah i just found out about the ze setup, it's not bein driven this winter so it can wait, but i'm trying to find the best way to run a good ze without chaning everything, the mani and ecu mods seem to make sense so far, but yeah i'd like to see if anyone has other ideas.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

ok so most likely it was a straight neck kl31 cammed ZE. Since the staright neck cannot be used in mx3(it can with some mods some ahev done it, not the best idea though) So they put the k8 one on. I did the same to mine for about a month then I bought a Millenia Curved neck.

Heres what you need to do
Get a Curve neck manifold and swap it over and keep the 2.5L injectors in it.
Get a ZE ECU and install that and put an mx3 je50 vaf on.

you can also chip your ecu and use whatever vaf you want, just make sure you tell them what vaf you plan to use
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

get some 2.5L injectors in there pronto, the 1.8 ones are a bit small and are running your motor lean and will shorten its life alot
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
hharb

Post by hharb »

will go for a full ze IM with the 2.5 injectors, i just need to find one at a reasonabe price.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”