Mazda Question about km's

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
eric123

Mazda Question about km's

Post by eric123 »

I'm looking at a 94 MX3 4 cyl. It has 210,000 km on it. I only plan to put 10-15,000 a year and want it for 3-4 years. Is 210,000 to high? I mean it will need a new clutch, but the boyd is in good shape... how long does the engine in an mx3 normally last? This is my first car, and I don't have a whole lot of money to spend. Just want it to last for school. Thanks.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Milage by itself means nothing. 100K on the highway is nothing compared to 100K city. And 100K racing miles is asking for it. The lifespan of an engine can range from a couple hundred miles up to a million miles. It's all in how it's driven.

210Km is getting up in age, but if it's just daily driven and is in fairly good shape it will make for a great first car.
eric123

Post by eric123 »

mr1in6billion wrote:Milage by itself means nothing. 100K on the highway is nothing compared to 100K city. And 100K racing miles is asking for it. The lifespan of an engine can range from a couple hundred miles up to a million miles. It's all in how it's driven.

210Km is getting up in age, but if it's just daily driven and is in fairly good shape it will make for a great first car.
OK, I would say half 3/4's are highway and 1/4 are city. I appreciate your help. Thanks
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Once you get over 200k KM you are into unknown territory, your engine may be still running fine but lots of other things tend to start breaking down due to age/usage. It all depends how well the car was maintained by the previous owners. You could drive the car to well over 300k KM or you could have problems at any time. It is hard to say when you buy a used car with high KMs.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”