Airbag Question

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Bling Bling

Airbag Question

Post by Bling Bling »

I've done some searching but couldn't find the answer I wanted. I have a 94 GS and bought a steering wheel for it. Absolutely no clue as to whether or not it is Air Bag Equipped!! From what I found, not all years came with it ( optional or not available ) until later. And to sound my horn, I press on the middle. I think I'm "BAGLESS" but want to know how to definatley be sure that I son't have one. Any clues would be great. As well, I've never seen an airbag light/symbol come on the cluster so I'm pretty sure I don't have it.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

92-93 did not have an option. Mazda used the auto-seatbelt system instead. In 94 and up, it was optional, passenger side was optional too.

No airbag ;)

Airbag
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Great. My narrowed search proved to be true for what I had. I sent a PM to further answer some steering wheel questions. Thanks for answering this for me. :)
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

what's an airbag? :P
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

In Canada the air bags were an option right up until end of importation in '96. Other that the shape of the steering wheel you shoud see a sensor on the front rad bulkhead.

The Auto belts was a US only equipment. They failed Transport Canada and all European safety standards for retaining the passanger if the event of collision.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”