Music downloading

Off-Topic Discussions
Jacbs2007

Music downloading

Post by Jacbs2007 »

Just curious what program everyone's using to download music...whether legal or illegal.

Which ones tend to be the safest malware/spyware/virus wise? I've used bearshare and kazaa and both have a ton of content but loaded my old computer with viruses and spyware. I just want to keep my new laptop protected so it will last me through college.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

im usin shareazaa
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

limewire all the way!!!!
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

limewire for just songs... bitlord for movies and some cds and torrentspy for most cds.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ares
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

Limewire FTW

Just dont download anything under 1MB

Cause then its a virus :)
hharb

Post by hharb »

you said music right? if you're looking into downloading single songs, there is one way to do it, and its LimeWire, don't listen to what others have to say about kazaa or morpheus or i dont know what, ive tried them all for a long period of time, and with the exception of limewire, they all suck. if you want to download full albums you're better off going with torrents. I could provide you with further information about torrents if that's what you decide on going with. oh one more thing, with torrents you have better acess to movies, programs, ebooks, you name it.. but as i said for single songs LimeWire is the way to go.
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

well torrents sounds nice, but I don't plan on downloading much else other then music. It sounds to me like I'm down to torrents or limewire from what all of you and my friends have all said. I would love to have the ability to do those things you said about torrents but all I REALLy care about it which will screw up my computer. If limewire is better in that sense then I'll deff. be going with that.
1993 GS
hharb

Post by hharb »

oh, if you care muh about your computer, they're both safe but since all u need is music limewire is the one. one thing to watch out for is make sure its not on when you're not using it, it uses a huge amount of memory, so yeah.. and it will slow down your computer if you have it running at startup, so make sure that doesnt happen either. and well use common sense, if you're downloading a song look at the size before you download a song should be normally between 1 and 7 Mb, anything more than 7Mb, or less than one is probably not what you're looking for. also stay away from any file with a .exe extension, those are normally viruses, and yeah bare in mind that viruses are everywhere, although limewire has the least it still has many, but by using common sense you can eliminate 99.99% of those viruses. goodluck
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Go with torrents. You download the full albums at once, instead of the single songs. Not everyone is able to get all the songs at once, some tend to take forever. I use BitComet for my torrents. It has a list of torrent sites for you to learn to use. You can download it at Download.com.

I would say, try both. But I know you'll go with torrents.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

USE ares LOL and torrents. Limewire uses alot of me ory for my taste. Ares uses barely anything. Torrents I love , you can find anything. Limewire (in the us) can get some people sued.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

limewire is definitely the way to go for p2p.. it's clean and a lot of ppl use it, so there's a lot of files out there, and its fast. the only plus i see for torrents is like the others said -- you can find just about anything. slow though... one piece of software i DLed took about 5 days
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

hgallegos915 wrote: Limewire (in the us) can get some people sued.

Do you have anything to back this up? I was thinking of going with limewire but if you've got some evidence or something to prove to me beyond a doubt that limewire is one of th programs heavily watched by the govt. then I won't go with it.
1993 GS
hharb

Post by hharb »

yeah, Ares uses less memory, doesn't slow down your computer by much, but hey, would you rather run limewire for 3 mins and get 10 songs ++ or run Ares for 5 days to get those same songs? ok that's a bit of an exaggeration but it's mostly true, Ares is so damn usless lol. and about getting sued if u used limewire, i'm not really sure, i mean why limewire? it's not even the most popular one, they would've went after kazaa users or even torrent users, i'd really hate thinking that i might have to spend a few nights in jail if i download a song lol... anyways man try and ask about it more, for all you know it could be a rumor, at least i hope it is.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

huh it doesnt take ares 5 days to get 10 songs LOL its the same i guess. Well I forgot the links but in the US there are always people getting sued and they mostly come out in msnbc and popular news sites. They do mention limewire. Ares may look exacly like kazaa but it is not. I have NEVER EVER gotten a viros with ares, now limewire eee u gotta watch out. Its still a matter of preference . IMO ares works perfect. Every single song i have wanted i did get. When I cant find them, I use bitcomet. I guess it all depends on your connection? it usually takes me 2 or 3 misn to get a song from either limewire or ares.
-hec

Return to “Off-Topic”