Sylvania's SILVERSTAR*

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
PatMX3

Sylvania's SILVERSTAR*

Post by PatMX3 »

Yeah, i'm thinkin of buyin a pair of SILVERSTARS, and i was wonderin if anyone here has tried em yet?. HID's will come later on... lol.
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

yeah i got them, there not really worth approx. $50 a pair. save the money for the HID's!
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

did it improve your vision?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

nope my headlights still suck!! but they have new ones that are supposed to be better.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I used em and loved em. Maybe not worth the money for the slightly better light, but back when I was using the stock headlamps I was willing to pay anything for something to help me see.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Sylvania's SILVERSTAR*

Post by jschrauwen »

PatMX3 wrote:Yeah, i'm thinkin of buyin a pair of SILVERSTARS, and i was wonderin if anyone here has tried em yet?. HID's will come later on... lol.
It may be best to have a read on the recent HID FAQ I added. Basically, if you don't have a projector lense to fit them in, you'll be making your lighting situation worse (read extraneous refraction). You may change your mind after that read. Silverstars are about the best viable alternative there is, short of a custom projector install. The Phillips +30 or +50 are also a good choice. Osram is another quality bulb choice.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: Sylvania's SILVERSTAR*

Post by neutral »

PatMX3 wrote:Yeah, i'm thinkin of buyin a pair of SILVERSTARS, and i was wonderin if anyone here has tried em yet?. HID's will come later on... lol.
I've been using the Silverstars for about a year and like em a lot.
Image -Jim
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I just got these put in and they made a world of difference!

They cost me $22 each from Canadian Tire, so I can definitely say they are a great value buy.

Nice colour, bright enough, and relatively inexpensive.
m0rpheus666

Post by m0rpheus666 »

so from what i am gathering, unless you plan on doing like the civic projector mod, then your best bet would be to buy a pair of silverstars. i personally do not plan on doing the projector mod cause i dont like the look of projectors. so an good alternative would be to buy the silverstars?
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I'd say so. Hard to complain about a 5 minute mod and $45 :)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I bought a pair on sale at autozone for 35 bucks. A standard bulb is about 15 bucks/each, a pair for 35 is dead cheap, and very very worth the money!
specially if you're driving to work at 5AM
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

ive thought of gettin the silverstars myself, back when i had my integra i had those cool blue bulbs..they were alright but they didnt last long and they were almost as much as the silverstars..so how long do these silverstars last???
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Get PIAA's there about $100 but there 110W and will be alot nicer and don't 4get to clean your lenses!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

um, I doubt it's a smart thing to run 110W PIAA's on stock wiring?
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that a very stupid idea? I thought they couldn't very much handle 80W
jdspeed

Post by jdspeed »

i bought some silverstar ultras. they're a bit brighter than the normal silverstars but it would be better if you just saved up for them HIDs... ^_^[/list][/quote]
bring on the road... bring on my life.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”