Just confirming alternator issue..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
solo_ryder

Just confirming alternator issue..

Post by solo_ryder »

Got a bit of a idle dip issue. M car idles at 1200rpm presently as if I go any lower when I give gas and let off the idle dips to about 100 and even turns off sometimes. Any ideas? I though it was battery/alternator related. But I think my battery is ok. My system does seem to make the idle go down and so does pressing in the brakes. My grounds (from what I know when swapping the motor) are ok.

Any testing I can do for this, or do you think it is TPS issue?
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Disty?
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Dont think so, possible, but it was working fine on my k8. Got new plugs and wired to. Will check that out.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Check the neutral switch on the tranny. If it is bad or the wires are broken then the car will not try and catch the idle. As for the alternator. You can take it to a local parts store and they can check it for you. (usually the internal volt regulator would cause a dip in volts when you press the brakes etc, but I doubt it is causing idle weirdness).
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

actualyl i had the same problem with the idle dipping cuz the low range of my alternator was like blown so when it wouild start i would know the battery is low when it is doing that dipping
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea, I also have a issue that when i hit my brake the guages blick abit and my lights dim slightly. The batter does seem to keep its charge?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

That lighting dim is on every MX-3. It is a crappy elec. system not a bad alternator. Like I said though, you can have the alt tested at most any parts store if you just want to eliminate that as a problem.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”