Dome light won't turn off

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
superman_t11

Dome light won't turn off

Post by superman_t11 »

When I turn my dome lights on to "door" and close my doors it stays on. I made sure the hatch shuts and all the doors are shut tightly and still they stay on. the light in the rear hatch works fine, when i shut the hatch the rear lights turns off.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Dome light won't turn off

Post by jschrauwen »

superman_t11 wrote:When I turn my dome lights on to "door" and close my doors it stays on. I made sure the hatch shuts and all the doors are shut tightly and still they stay on. the light in the rear hatch works fine, when i shut the hatch the rear lights turns off.
Pull the door switches out and ensure good contact is made. They (switches) do tend to get rusty or get stuck (open or closed).
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”