Help! Need Pulley Part#

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Overclock

Help! Need Pulley Part#

Post by Overclock »

I had a pulley changed on my ZE recently and told the garage to use 2.5L '95 MX-6 parts for my car and the pulley they installed does not fit at all. Can anyone help me out with the part number I need. I can't make out any part numbers on the broken pulley except for a 9V on the metal and NSK 6203DULX on the inner rubber part. I'm not very mechanically inclined so I can't say which pulley it is other than it's from the left side of the engine and had to do with the alternator because when the pulley broke I lost all power in my car (after about 10 mins of the battery draining).
'96 MX-3, KLZE, ZE Curve Neck Intake, KL68 TB, K8 ECU, CAI, KL-02 VAF.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thats strange.. my k8 pulley fit my klze..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

What does the pulley attach to? The alt, the crank, the idler pulley??? We have to know which one to be able to give a part number. Actually you can find which it is and the part number at the same time by finding a pic of it in the online shop manual on MX-3.coms front page. Look on the left side under the "Tech" section.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Overclock

Post by Overclock »

I wish I knew what I was hooked to. The pulley itself is 8 cms in diameter. Does that help any?
max kl

Post by max kl »

if my crude math is correct 8 cm is 3.1 inches

the alternator pulley is under 2''
the p/s pulley is over 4"
main craink pulley is 6-8"
ac pulley 5"
so that leaves the tensioner pulleys
both belts have one they both are smooth or non groved
is this is the needed part i would recomend replacing the sealed bearing its self. instead of the whole pulley. the bearing is a bca 603 i think.
if you want i will check it out and confirm the part number. the bearing is used in tons of other pullies any part store can sell a idler pulley for a doge mini van and you can knock it out of that pulley and pressit in to your pulley.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

NSK 6203 DULX Is a bearing number. This would make it the alt. belt tensioner idler pulley. I don't see why it would fit it is the same parts on all the K series V-6 engines.
Overclock

Post by Overclock »

Yes the pulley is smooth all around and I definitely need to change the whole pulley and not just the bearing.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Overclock wrote:Yes the pulley is smooth all around and I definitely need to change the whole pulley and not just the bearing.
I looked through my box of parts pulled from various KL-ZE, KL-DE, K8 and a KF. Of the 7 or 8 tensioners and idler pulleies I looked at they all have the same alternator belt tensioner bracket double threaded adjustment screw and idler pulley. The only thing I can see is that your mechanic lost the hard plastic spacer that goes between the pulley and bracket.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”