Rear Defrost LED

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
JapesMooney

Rear Defrost LED

Post by JapesMooney »

So I noticed the other [cold] morning that my defrost LED no longer works. But I'm not sure that I want to invest the time in ripping apart the dash to get at it, so my question is this - What kid of time am I going to have to put into it, and how high does it rank on the frustration scale? As well, are there any little clips or snaps that are prone to breaking during the disassembly? Basically, is it worth bothering for something that's simply an annoyance factor on my part. BTW, the defroster itself still works perfectly, so there's no mechanical need for my going in, but if it's a fast swap out, I will.
Cheers.
95 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl B6 DOHC
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Heh.. the LED in my RS is out as well.. I never bothered to replace it

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

My AC one is out as well. I tried to remove the tiny bulb but pooched it and just said s%#@w it.
There is a post somewhere where someone was quite successfull in replacing those small lights.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Oh, I didn't realize the defogger button had a working LED :(

Now I wanna get one to fix mine. Thanks for bringing up a pet peeve. I'm going to be staring at that defogger led every morning now >: (
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

well i have a few of those little bulbs kicking around in the sockets still i have to still change my defrost light too
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Appearance”