transfer case on a bravada

Off-Topic Discussions
hub_n_hun

transfer case on a bravada

Post by hub_n_hun »

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of a hole appearing on a transfer case.

Today my mother in law took her car to the shop because the vehicle would shutter whenever a turn was made. I checked online and it's called a crow's hop and it says that it is common with Bravadas.

Anyways the shop is saying that there is a hole in the transfer case and that the case was completely dry. Could it be possible that they are mistaking the drain hole for a hole?

Anyone got any ideas?
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Well, if it's a drain hole than it shoudl be threaded. right?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
hub_n_hun

Post by hub_n_hun »

but what can cause a hole to appear if possible?
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

hub_n_hun wrote:but what can cause a hole to appear if possible?
Can you describe the hole. If it is not round I would suspect a high velocity object. If the hole was made from the inside out chances are that it is something like a bearing ball. If from the outside in then I would suspect something like a bullet. If it is round and not threaded then there might have been a pressed in plug that popped out.

As for the shuttering into a turn with many AWD SUV and truck is caused by the LSD diffs or the coupling in the transfer case locking to much causing the outer wheel to turn faster that the inside wheel or the front to rotate faster than the rear.

Return to “Off-Topic”