car wont start sometimes

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BornSticky

car wont start sometimes

Post by BornSticky »

every once and a while when im driving to work on a muggy day (after it has rained) i get there turn off car and when i come back out 8 hrs later try to start my car and it just wont start it really wants to but wont. the way i have found to get it to start is to take off the cia at the tb and start the engine it starts fine but dies cause maf is disc. so i put it back on starts up fine everytime...

Also my oil light has started flashing every once and a while but the oil is at full i thought cause it was cold outside but im now not thinking its the reason...

i have a k8 engine with cia and i run 10w40 oil and any of your 2cents would help a lot thanks
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Not a new or unfamiliar problem. Although it's hard to repeat over and over the same Q & A that is so persistant with those unwilling to do a search. Here we go;

Plug wire condition? - Do night time water misting trick - previously posted.
Disty seal integrity? - Confirm disty cap's gasket is complete and functional - previously posted.
Disty rotor and disty cap contact condition? - previously posted.
CAI - routed to inner fender or just out in the open to catch all of that great BC rain? That includes trying to hide it behind the rad - cause that doesn't work either - previously posted.
Clogged air filter (water logged)? Need I ask more - you got it - previously posted.
VAF free moving and clean? When was the inside of your VAF cleaned out? Hopefully the last time the air filter was changed/cleaned.
Spark plug condition? Pull plugs to confirm a clean burn / fouling.
FPR Solenoid? Since you have a CAI, did you retain the FPR Solenoid? If not that could be your problem too. - You guessed it - previously posted - numerous times.
Disty cap integrity? Confirm there are no cracks.

Confirm all of the above and if not rectified, we'll have to look at other solutions.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

ok got it i just have to type in the search previously posted

Im just kiddiing thank you for your post ive checked a lot of it but there are a couple i havent
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”