Slight shaking problem

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Slight shaking problem

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Again I'm having problems with this car ever since I had a minor accident. As some of you may know I asked about tires because of scraping. I got my new tires and the scraping is gone so thats good.

But ever since crashing my car I have a slight shaking only from the passenger front wheel. When the car is jacked up and the tire is still on tight you can move the whole rim and tire no problem slightly. The axle seems ok from what I see. My car just shakes now when I accelerate and it gets worse when I make a right turn but there are no clunking sounds or anything like that. Anyone got any other suggestions?
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Possible damaged motor mount or pass side front wheel bearing? Closely insp. the mounts and check for wheelplay if ya haven't done so yet. I've had your described symptoms happen at dif times and one of those probs were the cause each time. My bearing prob produced a shaking vibration when accel. or especially accel. while turning and also made a rumbling sound at those times.
Image -Jim
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

okay like i have the same problem new axle and new bearing.. what could be the other possibliities.. ohh ya nwe engine mounts...
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Same here. I got new axles and changed the wheel bearing like suggested above and still got the same exact shaking. Its getting louder and more violent now. Only shakes when holding the wheel to the left or to turn left. If I hold the wheel to the right or make right turns its as smooth as it can be no matter how fast I'm going.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Sounds like you have a toe issue. Try an alignment. How old are your shocks, ball joints and end links?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

It might be the Hanger bearing on the jack shaft
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Good call, that could very well be the issue. Good luck on it though. I had a hell of a time finding a replacment bearing for it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I got mine from Mazda it was 90cnd i think
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah, you can get it there, but I finally found it for about 10 bucks. I wasn't willing to pay 90 dollars for a simple bearing. If you use the part number you can source the same dimensions from most any other bearing company. The hard part is finding someone who will sell you just one bearing.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”