Valve Seal Replacement ???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
LU06

Valve Seal Replacement ???

Post by LU06 »

Hey guys, i have a 95 RS 1.6 dohc. Its smoking a bit on startup, my guess is valve seals. Done a little bit of research, and cant quite figure out how difficult this is going to be. Has anyone done it? any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
blitz__9@hotmail.com
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Its not that difficult to do.. but then I also dont know what level of difficulty you are used to working with. Its definately more involved than changing your spark plugs. It involves removing the timing belt and cams and depending on the tools you have available.. it may also require removing the head from the engine. I have done a complete head rebuild on my 94 DOHC RS (Same engine as yours) And it really wasnt that bad. But then I have access to air tools and my uncle is the foreman of a machine shop ;) I'll see if I can take some pics this weekend of my spare head so you can visually see more of what is involved. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”