MX3 ZE vs ITR and GSR...Your Opinions

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
mx3autozam

MX3 ZE vs ITR and GSR...Your Opinions

Post by mx3autozam »

okay lets compare a Ze to a Type R

same power pretty much 200hp. ze has a bit more torque but elts not 4get about the Honda vtec. whats your opinon on this. I for sure know it would be able to whoop a GSR easily.
A few people I know with ZE'(no names being mentioned)s say they can easily take them in 5th gear on the highway. Type R's are pretty quick and teh ze is fun s--- on the higwhay

A friend of mine has a eg hatch with a B18C5(type R) with intake header and exhaust we went to the track one day and he was running 14.2's all night. On the way down were were playing on the freeway. from 100 in 5th gear i could take him. in 4th it was a no go. I think the reason i could take him in 5th was because he wasn't reving highenough for vtec to engage. I start pulling by the time vtec engages i'm just too far ahead.

But honestly how about quarter mile?? Not making this into street racing post but who has had experiences with them
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

In your sig it says you run a 14.9 and you just said he ran 14.2s all day so there goes your answer. Those hatches are light as hell.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

I've basically got all the boltons for the ZE in my full interior Mx3, and I run right with the swapped hatches. My cousin has a JDM B18C1 in his CX hatch, and I outrun him in the quarter. Raced a C5 hatch the other day, he barely pulled. I guess it would just really depend on the condition of your engine and your mods.
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Well here is the other thing your forgetting, a civic hatch is alot lighter than the MX-3. Thats is what give them the edge.

But if you wanna compare the engines alone, put them in the exact same weight of a car and assuming both engines are running strong i would have to say the ZE will win.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Slammed6 wrote:Well here is the other thing your forgetting, a civic hatch is alot lighter than the MX-3. Thats is what give them the edge.

But if you wanna compare the engines alone, put them in the exact same weight of a car and assuming both engines are running strong i would have to say the ZE will win.
for sure teh Ze has more torque over the b18. How about an ITR. thsoe cars are not really a light car and yet I think it would take an mx3 ze.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Teqnyck wrote:I've basically got all the boltons for the ZE in my full interior Mx3, and I run right with the swapped hatches. My cousin has a JDM B18C1 in his CX hatch, and I outrun him in the quarter. Raced a C5 hatch the other day, he barely pulled. I guess it would just really depend on the condition of your engine and your mods.
It also depends on the driver. A lot of times someone can have a faster car but if your a better driver than them then you can possibly beat them.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

itr is slow gsr is even slower honda acura vtec over rated de and ze will beat both itr and gsr ill bet ya that
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

mx3autozam wrote:
Slammed6 wrote:Well here is the other thing your forgetting, a civic hatch is alot lighter than the MX-3. Thats is what give them the edge.

for sure teh Ze has more torque over the b18. How about an ITR. thsoe cars are not really a light car and yet I think it would take an mx3 ze.

John
A B18 has about 128 lbs trq...a B18C1 has about 130 lbs trq...and a B18C5 has about 132 lbs trq....Vtec does nothing for trq.

How can u say a Civic Hatch is not a light car...even the heaviest model Si weights in at ~2325 fully loaded...and the lightest model CX or VX only weight ~2040 fully loaded..I am sorry but that is a light car in stock form.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

fieromx3 wrote:itr is slow gsr is even slower honda acura vtec over rated de and ze will beat both itr and gsr ill bet ya that
I am sorry but an ITR and GSR are not slow..and just because the ZE out trqs the ITR down low...does not mean its a better engine...just different characteristics..
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

I beat type-r rsx-s but when I raced a civic hatch w/ type r motor it was rite next to me until I hit 3rd gear I gained probly one car length on him, looked like he had headers MSD intake ... My mods are in my sig
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

gsr is very slow ive ridden in one and i killed one on teh highway there over rated
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

fieromx3 wrote:gsr is very slow ive ridden in one and i killed one on teh highway there over rated
They are overated. I know as a fact a DE/ZE will take one easily. I'm pretty sure you know it too. As for the Type R I am unsure about that yet. Although it would be close.

WagZE you said you could take a RSX-S..hmmz I really don't know about that are you sure it was a type S. Thsoe K20's go like hell. I've seen them in CRX's and egs and there stupid fast. But even stock form in a rsx I honestly don't think a ZE would take one unless you have some juice.lol
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

mx3autozam wrote:
fieromx3 wrote:gsr is very slow ive ridden in one and i killed one on teh highway there over rated
They are overated. I know as a fact a DE/ZE will take one easily. I'm pretty sure you know it too.
thank you at least u agree :)
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
dkrangers

Post by dkrangers »

I currently have a 2000 Honda civic SI but used to have a '93 GS that I swapped a ZE into. My honda is slow as s--- stock. Every time I go to the track I miss my MX-3, it would be crazy fast wtih all the money I have stuck into my honda. I know that the ZE will take out any stock ITR, GSR or SI. I never got to race an RSX type S or really anything K series.

I'm waiting til after college them I'm going to get another MX-3, but until then my Boosted Si will keep the kills up.
Rys_mx

Post by Rys_mx »

Ive raced an RSX-S it was actually the guy who sold me the car lol, but he beats me by half a car at the most and that realy because my clutch slips now and then and i have a DE, he has h/i/e and mugen ECU, when i get a new clutch and better tires we'll see...

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”